Account Closed

freespirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long til I pay bond?

Originally Posted by samnsam
No prob's
whats your visa - if you dont mind me asking
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freespirit
whats your visa - if you dont mind me asking
138 non modl (sub class BQ)
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:50 pm
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freespirit
Hi

I am sure this question has been asked many times before and I have tried to search for some answers on here.

I received my acknowledgement yesterday and am now panicking as my house hasn't sold yet.

Can anyone tell me how long it is before the bond money is required? What if I havent sold or comlpeted the house sell? Can I ask for an extension or is that it - end of the line?

Im really panicking now - I should have got my bottom into gear before but things just seem to happen.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Free x
Dear Free

I hold a 136 and had paid the $100k bond for the five points. This is an extract from the letter I was emailed by my CO requesting payment of the bond. Note this is the last stage of the process and you get asked to pay the bond once all other things are sorted (any application queries, PCCs, meds, etc.) As you'll see I had 49 days to lodge the bond and they note that extensions are not generally permitted.

"CAPITAL INVESTMENT

I refer to your application for a Class BN , subclass 136 Skilled – Independent visa, received on xx/xx/xx.

It has been previously indicated that the applicant is willing to make an approved capital investment in Australia, in order to be allocated 5 bonus points to achieve the Pass mark for this visa application.

To receive these points, the capital investment must be made now. In general, extensions of time to make a Capital Investment are not permitted.

A full response should be made within 49 days of receiving this letter, which is by xx/xx/xx. You are taken to have received this letter today."

Heading South (September/October 2007)