How long the reference letters valid

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long the reference letters valid

Dear All,

I consolidated all my reference letters from my earlier Employments during 2007 November. But, I did not concentrate much on applying for the ACS recognition, I was busy taking care of my wife during her pregnancy. Alls well and my wife delivered a baby boy last month, both my wife and the little one are keeping good.

Now, I want to restart my work on this immigration process. my doubt is, Is it okay if I use the same letter which I received with my previous employers during late last year??. Also, how long these letter are valid ??. These questions pertain only about my previous employment, which does not have any change on my accomplishments, Hence I thought these letter are valid throughout. But, I will surely have to collect the reference letter from my current employment as things get change with respect to projects, responsibilities, schedules etc.

I have worked in 5 different organizations in the last 7 years, and I really worry It would be tough to collect the references again...

If this doubt is clarified in any of the earlier posts, I would be glad to be directed there too..

Thanks
Swami
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long the reference letters valid

Hi,

can any of you assist me on this doubt

Regards
Swami
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long the reference letters valid

Originally Posted by swami
Hi,

can any of you assist me on this doubt

Regards
Swami
You have to show at least 4 years of experience, in order to get through ACS. Also, to get MODL points, you need to show that you have been working in that field during the last 12 months.

So adjust your reference letters accordingly. I dont think the changes in projects and responsbilities will have much effect but offcourse, if you can get the letter, then it would be very good