Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How Long ( I know its a piece of string question).

How Long ( I know its a piece of string question).

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:05 pm
Matthew

Default How Long ( I know its a piece of string question).

Can anybody state a rough guidline for the time between medical/police
check request / sent off and receipt of the visa's. I know this may vary in
length but an average time would be good. Anyone with some info, it would be
greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Matty D

Old Jul 4th 2003, 1:35 am
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point

ASPC advises that it may take upto 3 months, but I've seen cases where 2 to 4 weeks is all it takes.

Depends on the workload on your case officer.
Old Jul 5th 2003, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We sent off our meds first then the police checks 3 weeks later. Once they had them both we heard in 13 days.

Hope you don't have to wait too long!
Old Jul 7th 2003, 11:02 am
Just Joined

m_labib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long ( I know its a piece of string question).

Our medicals report and police checks were recv at ASPC on the 21st of May 03. We haven't heard anything from them till now.

We are applying in the Skilled sponsered migration program.

Rgrds

Originally posted by Matthew
Can anybody state a rough guidline for the time between medical/police
check request / sent off and receipt of the visa's. I know this may vary in
length but an average time would be good. Anyone with some info, it would be
greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Matty D
Old Jul 7th 2003, 11:36 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Long ( I know its a piece of string question).

We sent off our police certificates and medicals at the same time, and got our visa grant two and a half weeks later.

good luck

Mel
Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

chuckyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FORM 80 +PCC+MEDS...timeline

Originally posted by dex
ASPC advises that it may take upto 3 months, but I've seen cases where 2 to 4 weeks is all it takes.

Depends on the workload on your case officer.
My timelines :

1) May 17th, 2002 -> Applied to Adelaide under Skilled migration

2) March 17th, 2002 -> Received Letter from ASPC for Medicals+pcc+employer references+ Advise on Spouse IELTS

3) March 30th, 2003 -> Sent Medicals( Self + Spouse) Report.

4) April 18th, 2003 -> Received Another letter from ASPC to fill up Form 80 ( as I lived in USA for four years)

5) April 21st, 2003 -> Received an E-mail urging us to send Form 80 with the SS# of USA . I replied with all required earnestness.

6) April 25th, 2003 -> Sent India PCC, FBI Report( PCC of USA), Three Employer References, Two Form 80s' (Self and Spouse) .

Now, I am waiting to hear from ASPC. I beleive I should receive a Pre-grant letter from ASPC. I wrote a couple of mails to my case officer in the past one month. I have not heard anything. SHOULD I HAVE TO WAIT? IF SO, HOW LONG? IS THE DELAY DUE TO FORM 80(for USA verification) or Medicals or PCC verification, etc. I heard from this forum that Form 80 verification with USA is taking a long time. But I have sent my form 80 over 9 weeks back.

Please let me know what could be the status of my PR. And how long will it take from now?

Best Regards,
Chuck Novis
Old Jul 7th 2003, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FORM 80 +PCC+MEDS...timeline

Chuck,

The DIMIA-initiated FBI background checks for US applicants (or those who have lived in the US) is what is holding things up. Apparently the FBI is taking a long time providing these to DIMIA, and when they do, they deliver them in large batches (300-400 at a time), so it then creates another backlog at DIMIA. I guess the best thing to do is just wait. Apparently some applicants have expressed their frustration to DIMIA case officers, and then their applications are surprisingly placed at the bottom of the pile.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Hi
Form 80 check from countries like USA, Sri lanka wil take a long time. Also form 80 is used in malaysia too. Normally it should be some times between 2 to 3 months from the time DIMIA sents their request to respective police HQs. You can not do much with regard to form 80 check other than waiting. We are also SDAS 139 case and our form 80 check from Sri lanka is taking such a long time. We sent meds and other PCCs in march 2003 and the DIMIA requested Sri lankan police HQS to do the form 80 check in may 2003. Still we haven't heard anything from them. So we have to wait until DIMIA says something. Hope it helps.
love
bhanu
Old Jul 8th 2003, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Dear Chuck
You mentioned here that you receives some advice from dimia w.r.t your spouce's english/IELTS along with PCC & Meds request. Could you pl tell me more about it? what sort of request they sent to you w.r.t spouce's english? has your spouce submitted any other form of english proof just like Univ. degree documents?
wish to hear from you in this regard
bhanu