Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long to get a CDR assessment done for Engineering Manager?

How long to get a CDR assessment done for Engineering Manager?

Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long to get a CDR assessment done for Engineering Manager?

My OH is almost got his paperwork sorted for his CDR for the engineering manager to send off to EA. Could any give me an estimate on how long assessments take at the moment?
We will be sending it via a migration agent, will this make the process longer or shorter?
Mandy
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to get a CDR assessment done for Engineering Manager?

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
My OH is almost got his paperwork sorted for his CDR for the engineering manager to send off to EA. Could any give me an estimate on how long assessments take at the moment?
We will be sending it via a migration agent, will this make the process longer or shorter?
Mandy
Hi Mandy

Why is he applying as Engineering Manager via CDR? ? gets him 60 points just like Mechanical engineering Technologist under Sydney Accord. Would it not be better to apply for CDR as Professional Mechanical Engineer ? Sorry if you have already been over this one but I am out of touch with the forum for the last year - just getting back into the grove again.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandy

I just saw your other post that he was going for State Sponsorship as Engineerin Manager - so tha tanswers that one.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

indoirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Mandy

EA will complete assessment in four weeks generally..
One of my friends was saying he applied on the last week of november and he is still waiting for the result.. he was told it takes additional time coz of the extra number of applications in recent times.. (and the christmas holidays i reckon).
i will expect them to complete it in 6 weeks. and they will send the letter by ordinary post..
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indoirish
EA will complete assessment in four weeks generally..
One of my friends was saying he applied on the last week of november and he is still waiting for the result.. he was told it takes additional time coz of the extra number of applications in recent times.. (and the christmas holidays i reckon).
i will expect them to complete it in 6 weeks. and they will send the letter by ordinary post..
Mine took about a week. 2 weeks if you count the express mail. That was back in may 2008 for a professional Civil engineer