How long does Citizenship process take?

Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does Citizenship process take?

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Excellent news, Commonwealth.

I had my interview yesterday after waiting 8 weeks. Was told that they needed to do the onshore Police Check as the software flagged something but they were unable to say what. Have to wait another 2 weeks (max I hope) before I get my approval. Otherwise I think it would already have been sorted. That should gve an approval time of 10 weeks from applying to being approved.

Not been in trouble with the Police so hope this is just a formality and a random check. Anyone been in this situation before?

Once I've been approved, just have to waitfor the ceremony date....... More waiting.... Lol

Hawkwind
If your name and/or date of birth is the same as or similar to someone on file they just need to look at it in more detail toe eliminate you, thats all
Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Thanks for that, Pollyana.

it's just good to know its part of the process and nothing I've done wrong.

The chap at DIAC said it was just a simple check and nothing to worry about. But after 4 years of waiting to become a citizen it does make you worry a little.

Thanks again

Hawkwind
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:06 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

yay, just got a lovely letter from DIAC informing me to attend a ceremony.

I commend DIAC it's all within their processing standards.

- approval within 1 month of application.
- ceremony within 3 months of approval.

(FYI I applied via Sydney office and I live in the Ryde council area.)
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
yay, just got a lovely letter from DIAC informing me to attend a ceremony.

I commend DIAC it's all within their processing standards.

- approval within 1 month of application.
- ceremony within 3 months of approval.

(FYI I applied via Sydney office and I live in the Ryde council area.)
Congatulations CW
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:10 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

ta
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Thanks for that, Pollyana.

it's just good to know its part of the process and nothing I've done wrong.

The chap at DIAC said it was just a simple check and nothing to worry about. But after 4 years of waiting to become a citizen it does make you worry a little.

Thanks again

Hawkwind
As others have said, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. When I went to a police station to report a theft a few years ago, the civvy serving me plugged all my details into her pc and then asked me if I had any criminal convictions. Nope, not a one. She appeared a bit dubious so I asked her why, and she said that my file (what file??!!) showed that I was 'known to police'. I didn't know whether to be afraid or angry! She advised me not to worry about it, easy for her to say! So I pushed her for more info, she got a uniform to the counter and he told me why I'm 'known to police'. I'd called them from a train station a few months prior because some poor bugger was getting the bejesus beaten out of him right in front of me. Excuse me for caring!!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Congatulations CW
And another one from me! You do realise that you'll have to start talking with an Aussie accent now?
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats - no worries, you'll be right mate.

Now sitting waiting for my letter......
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:16 am
Daffyd Duck

thanks all.

hey CP, wots ur council area? i wrote a letter to the minister to please ensure all ceremonies are held within their 3-month timeframe, to give new citizens fair representation during the upcoming elections. not sure if that helped.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
thanks all.

hey CP, wots ur council area? i wrote a letter to the minister to please ensure all ceremonies are held within their 3-month timeframe, to give new citizens fair representation during the upcoming elections. not sure if that helped.
Neighbours- I'm in Ku-Ring-Gai.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:41 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Neighbours- I'm in Ku-Ring-Gai.
OMG that's like the most well-off Sydney area.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough

Hello,
Many have posted about the Sydney office time line,apparently.
Anyone has time lines to share for the Melbourne office for 2012 & 2013?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I did my test at Melbourne office.

Applied Feb, sat and passed test in March.

Still waiting on ceremony date. My local council (Banyule) are due to hold their next one in July so hopefully I'll be there!
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply.
I am under Whittlesea council.
Do you know your dates for application,test/interview and approval of application?
I know,it can depend on workloads amongst other things but still curios,thats all.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Applied 6 feb. Sat and passed test 20 March. Got confirmation letter within a week.

Still waiting for citizenship ceremony date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.