Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Wikiposts

How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Default Re: How long until we get the visa!??

Hi

Thanks for your replys, I hope it will be as quick as 11 months but electricians are not on the CSL anymore so were a bit buggered.

It just be nice to know a realistic time scale rather than being told 11 - 24 months but spose have to wait like everyone else lol

We want to move to Queensland, which on a state sponsorship looks impossible to get....I know that other states are sponsoring electricians however weve got our hearts set on queensland, and although we want to get there asap the thought of moving to another state for 2 years, in which time we'll have jobs, house and friends then to uproot to queensland after those 2 years are up seems like we'd have to do everything all over again, and the whole point of going over there is to have a new life without stress.

Im hoping and preying that it wont take 24 months - everything is crossed!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:12 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Hi

Thanks for your replys, I hope it will be as quick as 11 months but electricians are not on the CSL anymore so were a bit buggered.

It just be nice to know a realistic time scale rather than being told 11 - 24 months but spose have to wait like everyone else lol

We want to move to Queensland, which on a state sponsorship looks impossible to get....I know that other states are sponsoring electricians however weve got our hearts set on queensland, and although we want to get there asap the thought of moving to another state for 2 years, in which time we'll have jobs, house and friends then to uproot to queensland after those 2 years are up seems like we'd have to do everything all over again, and the whole point of going over there is to have a new life without stress.

The time lines that have been given, ie two years are hard to base on any facts given so far. The two papers relating to the change in the MODL and possibly other changes may help or hinder you. The point is, currently they are not processing non CSL/S or employer sponsored under GSM. You could be given the same estimates in a year.

Best of luck and fingers crossed for you,
Cooler
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Hi

Bonnie, I don't think anybody really knows, thats the problem. Hope things speed up for you. We have the visa but can't move just yet due other reasons Sometimes think it wont happen!!
Anyway may take you up on your offer of help with regard North Lakes
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default Re: How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Morning,

Ok I am probably going to sound a bit dumb herr but what a SS and CSL?

I gather a CO is a co-ordinator?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice

Yup your right, nobody knows so it's all a long waiting game .... if it's sooner than expected then happy days if not then spose it gives us more time to save $$$ I guess......

Nelbhoy, you thinking of moving to N.Lakes then, if you want to know anything about property over there then PM me and I'll give you my bro in laws details.

Ooo btw SS is state sponsorship and CSL is the critical skills list....took me a while to learn the lingo but you get to know what it is once your on here a while

x
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

nova2bne is an unknown quantity at this point

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you applied for an onshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an onshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2011.

Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chelly77
Morning,

Ok I am probably going to sound a bit dumb herr but what a SS and CSL?

I gather a CO is a co-ordinator?
CSL is the critical skills list. It's a list of high priority occupations in greatest demand in Australia
SS is state sponsorship where one of the states sponsors your visa, you only need 100 points and in return you are expected to live and work in that state for 2 years.
CO is case officer who is the person at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship who ensures your application meets the criteria for a visa.