Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Wikiposts

How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Old Sep 21st 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Hi Guys,

We have done the policy checks and X-rays the last step is the Medicals that we have booked for the 3rd of October.

After the medicals how long do you think we will be waiting before we hear if we have our Visa?

chelly
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long do you think we need to wait for our Visa now?

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi Guys,

We have done the policy checks and X-rays the last step is the Medicals that we have booked for the 3rd of October.

After the medicals how long do you think we will be waiting before we hear if we have our Visa?

chelly
Without either a crystal ball or some serious psychic powers nobody can even begin to guess. Could be tomorrow or could be another 3 years.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Thumbs down How long until we get the visa!??

Hey guys

I know this is the million dollar question but any ideas would be great....

We're going on a 175 skilled visa, sent it to DIAC in Aug 09 so still a while to go...........but wanted to see how long other people waited for the same visa......or what you have been told...

I've heard so much stuff about the processing time but it's getting me down if the rumours are true. My agent says mid to late 2010 but I've heard from others saying anything from 15 - 24 months!!! Surley 2 years is a ridiculous time, isn't it?

We are thinking of swapping to a sponsored state to speed things up but I think that idea may have already ended, as looking at queensland it seems they too have took general electrician off there list! The thought of still being in the UK for a further 2 years makes me so upset, so any thoughts on the wait will be much appreciated! Thanks x
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:00 am
Trust me.... I'm a nurse.

Nurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really nice

Hiya,
it took almost 2 months exactly to the day for our 175 Visas to arrive after we had completed our medicals. That gave us approx 10 months to sell up and move or to validate. Happily, we sold in 8 weeks (bit too fast actually) and we leave for Brisbane in 5 weeks time. Good luck with everything, I hope you're as lucky as we've been.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:05 am

Nurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really nice
Default Re: How long until we get the visa!??

Hiya,
We formally lodged our 175 visa application on 28th March 2008 and received our visas 17th Feb 2009. We used an immigration agent and it all went very smoothly so there's no reason to believe that your's won't either. It did seem like a much longer wait than that though. Anyway, we're off to Brisbane in 5 weeks.... hope it all works out for you.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Sorry to hijack this thread ......but I am just about to lodge my 175 visa and wondered ,once its granted, how long do I have to get my ass over to Oz ?????

thanks Jo x
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:29 am

You 175 visa is valid for 12 months from the date your medicals are carried out. Your visa will arrive approx 2 months after your midicals so you will actually only have between 9 and 10 months to get your Ass over to Oz, either for good or to validate. After you've validated your visa you can return to Oz and settle for good any time within 5 years (including the previous months since your visa was granted). If you have to validate though, remember that your visa will have been 'used' and you won't qualify for a migrant baggage allowance the second time you visit. Good luck with it all.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jomac1290
Sorry to hijack this thread ......but I am just about to lodge my 175 visa and wondered ,once its granted, how long do I have to get my ass over to Oz ?????

thanks Jo x
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_V...ion-Australia_
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nurse-Tom
Hiya,
We formally lodged our 175 visa application on 28th March 2008 and received our visas 17th Feb 2009. We used an immigration agent and it all went very smoothly so there's no reason to believe that your's won't either. It did seem like a much longer wait than that though. Anyway, we're off to Brisbane in 5 weeks.... hope it all works out for you.
With all due respect Tom nursing and electricians are 2 different things. And things have changed significantly in processing times since March 2008 with the addition of the CSL etc.

OP, two years seems to be the figure being bandied about here by people. Unfortunately 175 visas are near the bottom of the list of processing, so it could be a while. And really, is 2 years that long in the grand scheme of things? From what I understand Canada is about 4 years for a PR visa.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:53 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Hey guys

I know this is the million dollar question but any ideas would be great....

We're going on a 175 skilled visa, sent it to DIAC in Aug 09 so still a while to go...........but wanted to see how long other people waited for the same visa......or what you have been told...

I've heard so much stuff about the processing time but it's getting me down if the rumours are true. My agent says mid to late 2010 but I've heard from others saying anything from 15 - 24 months!!! Surley 2 years is a ridiculous time, isn't it?

We are thinking of swapping to a sponsored state to speed things up but I think that idea may have already ended, as looking at queensland it seems they too have took general electrician off there list! The thought of still being in the UK for a further 2 years makes me so upset, so any thoughts on the wait will be much appreciated! Thanks x
Have you checked the other states, assuming you don't mind where you live?

Cooler
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:36 pm
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

from applying for a job, getting it, then medicals, to 457 visa confirmed..... 4 months!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

chelly
We got our visa a couple of months ago and it was within a week or two after they had received the meds
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It's as long as a piece of string!

Unfortunately, you just have to be patient & become demented with checking your e-mails daily at 5am like so many before you

Good luck with the wait
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all

Cheer's guys,

Fingers crossed it all comes through quickly as we would like to be in Sydney by January
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:03 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

chelly
Hi chelly77,
when did you lodge and is the application SS, CSL etc?

Do you have a CO?

No one on here can tell you when you'll get your visa but they can make you aware of other grants if you are unaware.

Cooler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.