Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long do visa's to join the Australian Army take to be processed?

How long do visa's to join the Australian Army take to be processed?

Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long do visa's to join the Australian Army take to be processed?

My husband has been formally accepted by the Australian Army. All we need now is to submit our visa's. UK police checks returned - awaiting the RMP report and medicals booked for the 17th July. Has anyone been in the same postion? How long did the process take for them? Would love to hear from people who have been in the same situation.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future
Default Re: How long do visa's to join the Australian Army take to be processed?

Originally posted by pmntchambers
My husband has been formally accepted by the Australian Army. All we need now is to submit our visa's. UK police checks returned - awaiting the RMP report and medicals booked for the 17th July. Has anyone been in the same postion? How long did the process take for them? Would love to hear from people who have been in the same situation.

Hi,

I had my meds and Police request after 4 days and my visa grant 8 days after sending my Meds and PCC. Front load if you can.

Good luck
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:40 pm
Mick38uk

Default Re: How long do visa's to join the Australian Army take to be processed?

> My husband has been formally accepted by the Australian Army. All we
    > need now is to submit our visa's. UK police checks returned - awaiting
    > the RMP report and medicals booked for the 17th July. Has anyone been
    > in the same postion? How long did the process take for them? Would
    > love to hear from people who have been in the same situation.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

hi i know this is not an answere to your question how ever could you
answere a question for me? what it is is i am in the army still but very
keen on tranfering to the aussie army, would it be possible to let me
know how you went on about joining,or who to make contact with.
kind regards mick

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

I sentmyapplication on 27 Jan, It was received on 10 Feb andI just had a request for meds (yesterday).
Also, when you send your police checks - send the originals if they are from germany. There isno need for a translation, but they won't accept photocopies. They accepted copies of UK one though...
Also no need for RMP checks,I didn't get them and my app has been accepted so far.

good luck!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:08 am
Just Joined

rookieq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mick38uk
    > My husband has been formally accepted by the Australian Army. All we
    > need now is to submit our visa's. UK police checks returned - awaiting
    > the RMP report and medicals booked for the 17th July. Has anyone been
    > in the same postion? How long did the process take for them? Would
    > love to hear from people who have been in the same situation.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

hi i know this is not an answere to your question how ever could you
answere a question for me? what it is is i am in the army still but very
keen on tranfering to the aussie army, would it be possible to let me
know how you went on about joining,or who to make contact with.
kind regards mick

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com
same question...can you post the link on where we can research on how to go about non-Australian military people joining the Oz military...

thanks
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rookieq
same question...can you post the link on where we can research on how to go about non-Australian military people joining the Oz military...

thanks
Try here

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/career...aInfoBody.html

HTH

Nige