Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long did it take to get acknowledgement

How long did it take to get acknowledgement

Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

pbarter is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy How long did it take to get acknowledgement

Hiya. First time on the site - I know that the DIMIA must have received our application on or about the 1st July 2004 as they took the application fee off my credit card on the 2nd July. We haven't recived an acknowledgement letter yet though (6 weeks later) is this fairly normal?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:50 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: How long did it take to get acknowledgement

Originally Posted by pbarter
Hiya. First time on the site - I know that the DIMIA must have received our application on or about the 1st July 2004 as they took the application fee off my credit card on the 2nd July. We haven't recived an acknowledgement letter yet though (6 weeks later) is this fairly normal?

Best to check out www.austimeline.com and look at the July application.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Yes this is normal !! Ours took about 6 weeks to come from the time the card was debited. Have a look on www.austimeline.com to see how long other peoples took.

Nat
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natty
Yes this is normal !! Ours took about 6 weeks to come from the time the card was debited. Have a look on www.austimeline.com to see how long other peoples took.

Nat
Yep, ditto. Our application was received 15 June....acknowledgement came on 6 August so that's about 8 weeks AND we've applied for a 137 class visa which was supposed to be quicker. Still, for all I know that Med request may be sitting on my doormat this morning! Yeah right.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:06 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by marco121068
Yep, ditto. Our application was received 15 June....acknowledgement came on 6 August so that's about 8 weeks AND we've applied for a 137 class visa which was supposed to be quicker. Still, for all I know that Med request may be sitting on my doormat this morning! Yeah right.
I bet it is!