How long ACS assessment is valid for ?

Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:57 am
Just Joined

fahadash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long ACS assessment is valid for ?

By saying miss, I meant getting wrong. So I did not get any wrong. I checked my answer sheet multiple times, Went through those reading stuff multiple times.

If it is falsifying, it is not ME who is falsifying; why would they ban me ?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 10:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fahadash
By saying miss, I meant getting wrong. So I did not get any wrong. I checked my answer sheet multiple times, Went through those reading stuff multiple times.

If it is falsifying, it is not ME who is falsifying; why would they ban me ?
Because you submitted it knowing it is wrong.

Just because you don't believe you got any wrong doesn't mean that you didn't. All you can do is raise the concern with the IELTS test centre, and if needed, submit and pay for an enquiry on results
Old Mar 26th 2014, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

All the yelling to ELS worked and they fixed the errors. But they also altered my reading score to 5.0 from 7.5

I am asking myself is this really happening ?

I am not such a bad reader.

I checked with a few friends who had taken it said they fail you the first time no matter what because they won't get your money.

What are my options ? I have two months to submit 189. Shall I take a test in next available date and use that with my application ?
Old Mar 26th 2014, 1:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

All the yelling to ELS worked and they fixed the errors. But they also altered my reading score to 5.0 from 7.5

I am asking myself is this really happening ?

I am not such a bad reader.

I checked with a few friends who had taken it said they fail you the first time no matter what because they won't get your money.

What are my options ? I have two months to submit 189. Shall I take a test in next available date and use that with my application ?
They don't fail you no matter what - plenty have passed the first time. You need to withdraw your current EOI if you do not satisfy the English requirements (although there are some exemptions to IELTS such as British citizen and passport holder). Even if you do satisfy the English requirements, you need to edit to affect the score not earning any points. You also said your ACS is only valid until April which is only a few days away, not months so you will also need to obtain a new skills assessment as well as retake IELTS
Old Mar 26th 2014, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

I just checked again. My EOI expires on May 22. ACS Expires May 25. Next test date is Apr 24, it takes 13 days for scores get posted online along with ref number.

Not sure if I should take this chance
Old Mar 26th 2014, 2:07 pm

I just checked again. My EOI expires on May 22. ACS Expires May 25. Next test date is Apr 24, it takes 13 days for scores get posted online along with ref number.

Not sure if I should take this chance
If you only submitted your EOI a few days ago it will not expire for 2 years. Your opening post says your ACS was April 2012. If you do not satisfy the English requirements, or have enough points for a visa, you should take the EOI down.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

I can't change anything on EOI since I've got the invitation already.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:10 pm

I can't change anything on EOI since I've got the invitation already.
Then I think you need to let the invitation lapse as you need to prove points at time of invitation and definitely need to be able to prove that you satisfied the English requirement at time of lodging EOI. Maybe get advice from a MARA registered agent but don't know if it will help.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Do you think I should initiate another ACS now while one is still valid ?
Old Mar 26th 2014, 9:40 pm

Do you think I should initiate another ACS now while one is still valid ?
ACS applications take approx. 12 weeks but you will be assessed under the new criteria which will mean a deduction from work experience - http://www.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment

As you now need to retake IELTS, may as well make use of the time as you will have to wait 60 days for the invitation to lapse before you can edit the EOI
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Deduction in experience ? What does that mean ? I couldn't understand the summary table.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:20 pm

Deduction in experience ? What does that mean ? I couldn't understand the summary table.
If you have a degree with ICT major closely related to your nominated occupation, you would need 2 years experience as well to be deemed skilled. If you qualified JAN 2005 and started work in FEB 2005, your deeming date would be FEB 2007 and all work experience after that counts for points

If you have the degree with ICT major NOT closely related to occupation, you would need 4 years experience so with the above dates, your deeming date would now be FEB 2009

etc
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

oh boy,

So I cannot take another IELTS quickly and submit it in 189 ? I have some time left in invitation and acs expiry.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:36 pm

oh boy,

So I cannot take another IELTS quickly and submit it in 189 ? I have some time left in invitation and acs expiry.
I would get advice from a MARA agent but I don't think so since you cannot substantiate the points claimed at the time of invitation.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

So I found out that if I go the route of doing it from scratch. I will lose 10 points because of new ACS rules. Do you think if I get State Nomination or State Sponsorship (cant tell whats the difference in two)... That will cover the gap of 10 points ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.