How long ACS assessment is valid for ?

Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:19 am
Just Joined

fahadash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long ACS assessment is valid for ?

Age 25-32 = 30 points Mate!
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fahadash
Age 25-32 = 30 points Mate!
Then you need to add better - I make that 75 points
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:29 am
Just Joined

ACS only has experience up until about 7 years since assessment is almost 2 year old. I am still on the same job I listed to be latest on ACS.

Age 25-32 carries 30 points
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:31 am
Just Joined

They only gave me 10 points for IELTS not 20.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

ACS only has experience up until about 7 years since assessment is almost 2 year old. I am still on the same job I listed to be latest on ACS.

Age 25-32 carries 30 points
I got that - 30 for age, 20 for IELTS, 15 for experience and 10 for associate degree - makes 75 by my count - unless you are not adding any points for the degree in which case it would be 65 and safe from overclaiming.

Just seen extra comment - do you have 8.0 in each of the 4 tests?
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 8:16 am
Just Joined

I just found out what the problem is, one of my IELTS components have 7.5 and Overall is 8.0 but it is taking lowest score as my overall.

Can you answer this for me ? Should I list an end date of my current job of the date when I got my assessment ? I am still on that job, and I believe it is giving me 9 years experience points based on "no end date" for my current job.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 8:24 am

I just found out what the problem is, one of my IELTS components have 7.5 and Overall is 8.0 but it is taking lowest score as my overall.

Can you answer this for me ? Should I list an end date of my current job of the date when I got my assessment ? I am still on that job, and I believe it is giving me 9 years experience points based on "no end date" for my current job.
Leaving it as no end date is fine as this is your current job. IELTS scores ask for a minimum score in each test - not the overall - so if you have 7.5 in one test then that is worth 10 points
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:05 am
Just Joined

I just got my IELTS results in my mail and I got very upset to see that they put my Native Language as Arabic while I did put English. And it says ACADEMIC not GENERAL while I chose GENERAL. What the ... is going on ? Do I have to take the test again because some a-hole didn't do his job right ?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:08 am

I just got my IELTS results in my mail and I got very upset to see that they put my Native Language as Arabic while I did put English. And it says ACADEMIC not GENERAL while I chose GENERAL. What the ... is going on ? Do I have to take the test again because some a-hole didn't do his job right ?
I don't know - but you are aware that if you were claiming points for IELTS, then you should have had the result before lodging an EOI.

Is your native language English? Did you actually do the academic IELTS (the difference would be the writing piece I think - Academic tends to be data comparison, general is write a letter)
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:30 am
Just Joined

I did take test and waited for results to get posted online before I submitted EOI.

I put in correct numbers from online results.
I wrote letter and an essay.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:32 am

I did take test and waited for results to get posted online before I submitted EOI.

I put in correct numbers from online results.
I wrote letter and an essay.
In that case, I would contact the school where you took the IELTS and inform them of the error and get a replacement certificate
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

I am actually very upset right now; I wrote two strong emails to ELS local location as well as the headquarters. Left a message at headquarters. They are done for the day. They will get to it tomorrow.

Also, I already was doubting my results because I don't remember doing so bad to get a 7.5 in reading. Actually I didn't even miss ANY in the reading.

Is there any way we can find out ?

Do you think the location might have corrupt people who were in cahoot with some candidate who paid them money to swap results ?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:47 am
Just Joined

What if they are unable to correct the results ? Can Australia accept Academic ?

Is there any contact for Australia where I can express my concerns ?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:48 am

I am actually very upset right now; I wrote two strong emails to ELS local location as well as the headquarters. Left a message at headquarters. They are done for the day. They will get to it tomorrow.

Also, I already was doubting my results because I don't remember doing so bad to get a 7.5 in reading. Actually I didn't even miss ANY in the reading.

Is there any way we can find out ?

Do you think the location might have corrupt people who were in cahoot with some candidate who paid them money to swap results ?
You would hope not.

Just because you did not miss any questions in the reading does not mean that you answered them all correctly
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:52 am

What if they are unable to correct the results ? Can Australia accept Academic ?

Is there any contact for Australia where I can express my concerns ?
I did both my IELTS as academic tests - I also only got 7.5 on reading the first time (9.0 the second), and some skills assessments ask that you take an academic IELTS so yes, Australia accept academic results as well as general. The problem you have is that you say that it also says you are a native Arabic speaker so it may appear that you have the wrong results which DIBP may query and if you are found to submit a false document, you may get a visa refusal and ban

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.