Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long for 175 to process for nurses at the moment?

How long for 175 to process for nurses at the moment?

Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Smarsh90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long for 175 to process for nurses at the moment?

Hello,

Just after some advise really. Am a nurse currently working in the uk who has just sent off for her nursing registration. Expecting it will take 8 weeks approx?

Then i was going to try get work on 457 visa and go over with my partner of six years and our 2 yr old daughter. We would like to try for another child in the next year and i am just wondering if we would be better off applying for 175 and waiting as will give more flexability in terms of going back to work ess hours etc Easier for maternity time off? better for my daughter when she starts school etc??

We thought we might apply for 175 then go over on 457 untill our 175 is granted. Am aware we would have to go to NZ or somewhere to have 175 granted but am under impression they will let us know when to do this or write and say when will you be off shore.

Anyone who has had a baby in auz on 457 can you advise. Or anyone who knows how long 175 takes or a better way to do things given our situation..We want to get over there asap if we can but also want to do things the right way.

Cheers

Any advise appreciated

also my partner has sister over in nsw who is now citzen. This might give other visa options dont know? willusing a migration agent make any better/quicker?

Last edited by Smarsh90; Jul 16th 2010 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all
Default Re: How long for 175 to process for nurses at the moment?

i presume you sat the ielts recently before sending your application in to ANMC. do you mind if i ask how did you found the test?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 8:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for 175 to process for nurses at the moment?

a friend of mine has a 176 visa and is moving to victoria. he has had to sit the ielts test for his registration wich he had to book a couple of months in advance, and has a job lined up. after being offered the job he has had to send off for an employers police check, and was told that could take up to 12 weeks ... its not a quick process for nurses now unfortunately.

on the main forum menu, there is a menu in the blue bar that gives the pros and cons of the 457 ... or take a look at the dept of immigration website booklet for the temp visas, im sure it explains about maternity leave in there (from memory from a couple of years ago when someone asked the same question)

good luck!! let us know what you find out,

sue x