How to inform DIAC about new IELTS results

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Snowmate is on a distinguished road
Default How to inform DIAC about new IELTS results

Dear all,

I have applied for a Skilled Independent visa. The application was lodged in July 2007. Unfortunately, I am one of the applicants affected by the removal of bonus points from the capital investment. I am now planning to repeat the IELTS test to improve my score and gain five more points (I got 15 points for my old score). I have received the full ack, but I do not have a CO, yet.

Now I am wondering how to inform DIAC that I want to resit the IELTS test and send them the new result. Which form should I use for the matter? Should I inform them before the test that I am planning to redo it? I have already sent in one IELTS test result, which now needs to be improved in order to reach the pass mark.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
Snowmate
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to inform DIAC about new IELTS results

Originally Posted by Snowmate
Dear all,

I have applied for a Skilled Independent visa. The application was lodged in July 2007. Unfortunately, I am one of the applicants affected by the removal of bonus points from the capital investment. I am now planning to repeat the IELTS test to improve my score and gain five more points (I got 15 points for my old score). I have received the full ack, but I do not have a CO, yet.

Now I am wondering how to inform DIAC that I want to resit the IELTS test and send them the new result. Which form should I use for the matter? Should I inform them before the test that I am planning to redo it? I have already sent in one IELTS test result, which now needs to be improved in order to reach the pass mark.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
Snowmate
Hi,

If u have lodged application in July 2007 then the capital investment is still applicable and I am afraid u are not allowed to claim bonus points (25) from IELTS even if you get 7 in all modules.

Any one please correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers
Naveen

Last edited by naveenbabuk; Dec 4th 2007 at 9:55 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by naveenbabuk
Hi,

If u have lodged application in July 2007 then the capital investment is still applicable and I am afraid u are not allowed to claim bonus points (25) from IELTS even if you get 7 in all modules.

Cheers
Naveen
Naveen you are not wrong. You cannot mix the legislation between the S/c 136 and S/c 175.

I'm not in a position to advice the OP on where to go from here as I'm not a registered migration agent, but I can say that much.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:59 am
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

Snowmate, have you considered other ways of obtaining points? Have you considered any other subclasses under this class off visa? Did you consider what your points would look like if you withdrew and re-submitted under the current legislation?
Liana
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by naveenbabuk
Hi,

Cheers
Naveen
Naveen you are wrong, the states have withdrawn the investment scheme effective immediately so no one else can invest- this is causing big problems for pre-Sept applicaants like snowmate and many others. There is a sticky at the top about this.

snowmate as you only got 15 points first time around you can resit the IELTS and try to get above 20 points.

The native english speakers who already have 20 points cannot try and claim 25 points as per the new legislation.

If you already have a CO the best thing to do is contact them directly and check how to make the change.