Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How I will know CO is assinged to my online app?

How I will know CO is assinged to my online app?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default How I will know CO is assinged to my online app?

Hi,

I submitted my app in jan 2008 and have uploaded all the documents. The status page is showing something "your application has been commenced". Also, it shows that my medicals are recieved since I FL medicals.

Its almost 2 weeks and still i see "commenced" on status page. When CO will be assinged to my app and how I will know? Will they update via email or on online status page?

Thank you.

Peace!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How I will know CO is assinged to my online app?

Hi

As far as I am aware, apart from your medicals, nothing will change on your checklist until you get a case officer.

At the moment, they are only allocating COs up to the 21st Sept, and that has been the same date since the beginning of November. There have been a few later applications allocated a CO but I don't think that is the norm.

As you may be aware, there was a huge surge in applications in August, so they have a big backlog to clear before they even get working on later months. They appear to be allocating COs to July/August at present. They did apply before us, so that is only fair they are dealt with first, it just unfortunately means we are behind a big bottle neck

I applied in October and have not heard anything yet, so if you applied in January I think you may have a long wait yet.

Sam
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for providng so much useful info. I wish you and self Good Luck!

My questions remains there: Will the status page show as soon as CO is allocated?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice

Originally Posted by peace19

My questions remains there: Will the status page show as soon as CO is allocated?
I don't think it will necessary tell you that you have a case officer. We sent an email querying how long it was all gonna take and were emailed back by our 'case officer', she told us that we were successful in getting the visas, however we wouldn't get them officially until four weeks before I was due to start my job in Oz. The system still says 'application being progressed further' for us - which appeared back on the 3rd of January. I suppose we could take that message appearing as meaning CO assigned???

Good luck with everything!!

Simon

PS. This is a 457 application
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ya

When we got our Co some on the bits on our status paged changed to 'met', and our agent got a email saying who the CO was and asking for other info.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the long wait and stress out life of getting your visa Ha ha.

Tina x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice

Hi,

I submitted my app in jan 2008 and have uploaded all the documents. The status page is showing something "your application has been commenced". Also, it shows that my medicals are recieved since I FL medicals.

Its almost 2 weeks and still i see "commenced" on status page. When CO will be assinged to my app and how I will know? Will they update via email or on online status page?

Thank you.

Peace!
Sounds like the best way to start communication with a Case Officer is to miss some documents off your online application in the first place!!?

Otherwise, if all is in order and you haven't gone through an agent then you only find out when your visa has been granted!!

er, makes sense to someone I guess!?? ;-)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s1mon321
Sounds like the best way to start communication with a Case Officer is to miss some documents off your online application in the first place!!?

Otherwise, if all is in order and you haven't gone through an agent then you only find out when your visa has been granted!!

er, makes sense to someone I guess!?? ;-)
Certainly does. If everything is on order, and all paperwork supplied, there is no point on a case officer cobtacting you as it will just slow down the process. As it is the CO will generally only contact the applicant if they need something, thus saving a little bit of time that is spent instead on processing the application. With the pressure on COs to process paperwork as fast as possible every minute counts and unfortunately I doubt they have time to email people just to introduce themselves
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Certainly does. If everything is on order, and all paperwork supplied, there is no point on a case officer cobtacting you as it will just slow down the process. As it is the CO will generally only contact the applicant if they need something, thus saving a little bit of time that is spent instead on processing the application. With the pressure on COs to process paperwork as fast as possible every minute counts and unfortunately I doubt they have time to email people just to introduce themselves
I can see both sides. If every applicant got an email from their Case Officer introducing themselves then they'd probably get bombarded with emails everyday saying 'can we have our visa now please, please, please????'.

However, the IMMI system for checking the status of a visa application leaves a lot to be desired. Even a bi-weekly confirmation that 'xxxxxx being processed' would stop eager applicants from thinking 'they've lost my application, i haven't seen any update in weeks!!'. Wouldn't take much to implement, I'm over there in a few weeks and could sort if for them if they like.... ;-)

Simon
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, as far as they update each n every action with dates and XYZ step is processed, than I think its more than enough. In fact, this is what a candidate want.

But of course, they will not update that we have confirmed ur work references, ur assessment report confirmed, ur IELTS result is original

Again, patience is the key of success in this process. No other way. Or try starting another process for some other country, this will divert ur concentration

GOOD LUCK!