How do you front load Medicals????

Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Question How do you front load Medicals????

Finally...... we have got to the stage of sending main application Skilled Aus Spon off, included will be our police checks. Really need to try and get medicals done asap so the main time is spent with Oz relos tackling Centre point red tape. Does anyone know how you get an official list of doctors and if you have to download forms from DIMIA site.

Also slightly off subject, is it better to tick collect visa from nearest office or send passports to Oz.

Nikki

Fingers crossed Perth - Ashfield 2005
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:47 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you front load Medicals????

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
Finally...... we have got to the stage of sending main application Skilled Aus Spon off, included will be our police checks. Really need to try and get medicals done asap so the main time is spent with Oz relos tackling Centre point red tape. Does anyone know how you get an official list of doctors and if you have to download forms from DIMIA site.

Also slightly off subject, is it better to tick collect visa from nearest office or send passports to Oz.

Nikki

Fingers crossed Perth - Ashfield 2005
Here is the list of doctors:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/DOCTORS.PDF

There are a few threads about with the website for ordering forms (try a search)
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:09 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Here's where you order the medical forms:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
Finally...... we have got to the stage of sending main application Skilled Aus Spon off, included will be our police checks. Really need to try and get medicals done asap so the main time is spent with Oz relos tackling Centre point red tape.
Do you realise that medicals have a limited validity and if you do them too soon you may have very little time to make first entry to Australia? - or you might need to do them again (at your own expense).

Offshore applicants do not send passports to Australia. You get visas stamped in a DIMIA office offshore - normally London if you're in the UK but you can go elsewhere if you like.

Jeremy
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: How do you front load Medicals????

Hi Jeremy,
Just out if interest can you frontload then? I have got some forms for the Medicals but is it advisable to send them with your application or wait until they are requested. Is sending your medical forms frowned upon by the Australian Govenment or is it is a good move?
cheers
Lace
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:59 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi Jeremy,
Just out if interest can you frontload then? I have got some forms for the Medicals but is it advisable to send them with your application or wait until they are requested. Is sending your medical forms frowned upon by the Australian Govenment or is it is a good move?
cheers
Lace
Although it is not specifically recommended, I don't think there is any real reason not to front load so long as you have your file number and copies of the forms. I hope so as we are doing ours next week. Plenty of others have done so too. I am interpreting the fact that DIMIA changed their procedures this January to acknowledge receipt of applications and issue file numbers immediately as an implied hint that you are welcome to go ahead and get them done.

Without file numbers there have been stories on here of meds going missing.

The only other thing I can think of is that if your application is rejected even before meds have been requested then you will have wasted the medicals fees too.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: How do you front load Medicals????

Hey worzel,
bit of a thick question! Do you send off your SK47 then wait for a number to come back. Then when you have the number do you send the medical forms in? I know that it sounds thick to ask but hey that's the sort of girl I am cheers
lace
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 3:39 pm
A former regular of BE

Hey worzel,
bit of a thick question! Do you send off your SK47 then wait for a number to come back. Then when you have the number do you send the medical forms in? I know that it sounds thick to ask but hey that's the sort of girl I am cheers
lace
Yup! I got my acknowledgement by email the day it was delivered quoting the file number. Just write it at the end of the form(s) when you give them to your doctor. The doc will send them in himself apparently.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Cheers Worzel,
I never thought that you could do that. Have you got an agent or have you done it alone. I was thinking of getting an agent.
Lace
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:15 am
A former regular of BE

Oh Cheers Worzel,
I never thought that you could do that. Have you got an agent or have you done it alone. I was thinking of getting an agent.
Lace
Go Matilda. We did skills assessment ourselves but for peace of mind decided to use an agent for the main app.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wink Re: How do you front load Medicals????

Yeah I am thinking of using some one called Darrell Todd, he seems to be fair and all that. It is just in case something goes wrong.
Will look out for your progress
cheers
lace