How do we get sister-in-law in?

Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough
Default How do we get sister-in-law in?

Hi,
Does anybody know how we could do it? We will be on a 457 initially and will be applying for PR as soon as. My sister in law would like to come over for 6-12 months. She was thinking of a working holiday visa but she is 47, I think this visa is only for those aged between 18 and 30.
Any body got any ideas?

Many thanks
Tracey.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:59 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do we get sister-in-law in?

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi,
Does anybody know how we could do it? We will be on a 457 initially and will be applying for PR as soon as. My sister in law would like to come over for 6-12 months. She was thinking of a working holiday visa but she is 47, I think this visa is only for those aged between 18 and 30.
Any body got any ideas?

Many thanks
Tracey.
Why not let her come in on a vistors visa (3 months?) then nip off to New Zealand for a day trip and fly back fo another 3 month visa?
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wargod
Why not let her come in on a vistors visa (3 months?) then nip off to New Zealand for a day trip and fly back fo another 3 month visa?
Thanks Wargod, hadn't thought of that. Could she do that say, four times without restriction? Sending you some karma for your rather cunning way of thinking!
Tracey.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:28 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wargod, hadn't thought of that. Could she do that say, four times without restriction? Sending you some karma for your rather cunning way of thinking!
Tracey.
Thanks for the karma !!

I dont think there is a restriction - but then again i am no expert!!

Hopefully one of the moderators is looking and may jump in with a little more considered opinion !!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wargod, hadn't thought of that. Could she do that say, four times without restriction?
Probably not. DIMIA get very upset if they think someone is trying to live in Australia on tourist status and can/do refuse entry on arrival.

It's possible to get 6 months, through a range of routes, getting 12 months at one stretch is going to be hard.

Jeremy