How do I contact ACS ?

Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice
Default How do I contact ACS ?

I sent my application to ACS in January. Current status is "In Process" and shows an assessor name against it. Meanwhile, last month I shifted from US to India, and my original address in the application (the US address) is no longer valid. I have sent 2 emails to ACS asking them to change the address to the new address in India, and to send the result of the assessment to the India address, but so far, I haven't heard back from them. Is there any number I can reach them at ?

Manumani

Last edited by manumani; Mar 6th 2009 at 9:53 am.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I contact ACS ?

Originally Posted by manumani
I sent my application to ACS in January. Current status is "In Process" and shows an assessor name against it. Meanwhile, last month I shifted from US to India, and my original address in the application (the US address) is no longer valid. I have sent 2 emails to ACS asking them to change the address to the new address in India, and to send the result of the assessment to the India address, but so far, I haven't heard back from them. Is there any number I can reach them at ?

Manumani
Why do you want to hear back from them? You have sent the updated information they require, so wait for your assessment to be complete.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Manumani, did you send it to your assessor directly or to the generic e-mail id?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice

I sent it to [email protected], since I did not have my assessor's email ID. I was expecting an acknowledgement from ACS that they have my new contact information on record. How do I get my assessor's email ID ?

Regards
Manumani
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent it to [email protected], since I did not have my assessor's email ID. I was expecting an acknowledgement from ACS that they have my new contact information on record. How do I get my assessor's email ID ?

Regards
Manumani
I don't know whethet its right to send direct mail to Assesor..but u can get the email id from ACS website.

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=acsno

Check whether ur Assesor is dere or not...
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Manumani
You do not need to send anything to your assessor unless you are asked. Taking time away from their job to read emails from applicants only slows the process down.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

rikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You do not need to send anything to your assessor unless you are asked. Taking time away from their job to read emails from applicants only slows the process down.
I'm sorry i disagree.

If the ACS have not stuck to their process then I as a paying customer have a right to enquire as to why not.

The ACS whilst busy should have a sufficient organisational structure to deal with queries.

Mistakes happen, specifically the ACS may a mistake with my application last week; one email to them got an immediate response (time zone delay permitting) and an apology

We are not children who should be seen but not heard so giving out advice saying we shouldn't approach them unless spoken to is a bit naive; if they have failed to do what they say then contact them. They are not going to be so petty as to put your application to the back of the queue. they are a professional organisation.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:11 am
Still alive

I agree that contacting them if there is a lengthly delay or if they have made an error in your application is certainly acceptable, I do think that contacting them twice to change an address and then again to ask if they got the previous 2 emails is a bit OTT.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I agree that contacting them if there is a lengthly delay or if they have made an error in your application is certainly acceptable, I do think that contacting them twice to change an address and then again to ask if they got the previous 2 emails is a bit OTT.

I know one thing...if we contact dem...they become bit slow in the processing of that application..this is what i had made out from the discussion of different members on BE...
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Cool Re: How do I contact ACS ?

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I know one thing...if we contact dem...they become bit slow in the processing of that application..this is what i had made out from the discussion of different members on BE...
If this is true, it is not ethical on ACS part. Its like "teaching a lesson" to those who ask questions over emails. If you spend 5 minutes on replying to an applicant's email, you shouldn't delay his/her processing by a week.

People send e-mails only when it is required. Nobody likes to bug ACS with incessant e-mails.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

What if they have not taken the change of address into consideration, and send the result to my US address ? I will lose 2-3 weeks trying to get that document back to my address in India, not to mention the additional expense. What is wrong in asking for an acknowledgement that they have changed the address on their records. How can I be sure that they will send the result to the correct address ?

Manumani
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

starwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nice

What if they have not taken the change of address into consideration, and send the result to my US address ? I will lose 2-3 weeks trying to get that document back to my address in India, not to mention the additional expense. What is wrong in asking for an acknowledgement that they have changed the address on their records. How can I be sure that they will send the result to the correct address ?

Manumani
I agree. But if you Think of the 2-3 Weeks Delay, ACS might delay as long as they want atleast 1 month. as we need something from them, we should just be silent and get what we want, No need to argue for that, You have sent one email and think they have considered,

IF you want you can send a email to the assesor, but be on safe side always as we need something from them.

Thats all I Can tell.