How can we migrate with mother

Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default How can we migrate with mother

Hubby and myself have decided to migrate to Perth. But he has had to get 12 months recent experience in his profession which is on MODL list. We're 7 months in.
His mother who lives alone wants to come with us or at least 2 years later. Hubby is her only child. How can we bring her out once we're there?
Can we sponsor her?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can we migrate with mother

Re your main question: I think you are looking at either a Parent/Contributory Parent visa, or a Remaining Relative visa. These require a family sponsor who is "settled" in Australia ... as you may know from your posting.

Re your visa pathway: if your husband's occupation is on the MODL have you considered seeking a State Nomination from the WA Government and then applying for a Skills Matching visa? The Skills Matching visa has a reduced recent work experience requirement of 6 months in a skilled occupation in the 12 months immediately preceding the lodgement of the visa application.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hubby and myself have decided to migrate to Perth. But he has had to get 12 months recent experience in his profession which is on MODL list. We're 7 months in.
His mother who lives alone wants to come with us or at least 2 years later. Hubby is her only child. How can we bring her out once we're there?
Can we sponsor her?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Re your main question: I think you are looking at either a Parent/Contributory Parent visa, or a Remaining Relative visa. These require a family sponsor who is "settled" in Australia ... as you may know from your posting.

Re your visa pathway: if your husband's occupation is on the MODL have you considered seeking a State Nomination from the WA Government and then applying for a Skills Matching visa? The Skills Matching visa has a reduced recent work experience requirement of 6 months in a skilled occupation in the 12 months immediately preceding the lodgement of the visa application.

Best regards.
Thanks for that.

Do you know what the chances of succeeding at this visa at all. Is there a good possibility of getting her over to us?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bump the post I was asking the same question
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:15 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Are you referring to the Parent visa or the Skills Matching visa?

Best regards.

Thanks for that.

Do you know what the chances of succeeding at this visa at all. Is there a good possibility of getting her over to us?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Alan do you still need to have a balance of family to get your parent over. Mine is 76 and I am her main carer but I don't live with her as she is independant. Although she has just fallen down stairs and is now in hospital.
I do care for her thoughand when I go, there will only be my brothers left here. Chocolate fire guard comes to mind lol.

She will only have 4 out of ten who live in oz. There's one in Wales and two in Yorkshire.

She wont have anyone here as such

Any advice would be most appreciated as you can see I am NOT bumping the thread.

Lace x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, I meant the parent visa.
The mother in law is worried she will be left on her own when we go.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:37 am
Migration Agent

Yes, the balance of family test has to be satisfied by a migrating parent if you are looking at one of the Parent visas ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by lacey21
Alan do you still need to have a balance of family to get your parent over. Mine is 76 and I am her main carer but I don't live with her as she is independant. Although she has just fallen down stairs and is now in hospital.
I do care for her thoughand when I go, there will only be my brothers left here. Chocolate fire guard comes to mind lol.

She will only have 4 out of ten who live in oz. There's one in Wales and two in Yorkshire.

She wont have anyone here as such

Any advice would be most appreciated as you can see I am NOT bumping the thread.

Lace x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:39 am
Migration Agent

If your husband is her only child the balance of family test would be satisfied once he is in Australia.

If you or your mother would like to discuss her visa options, please feel able to have an initial freebie chat with my colleague John Sylvester via UK number 023 80 488777.

Best regards.

Sorry, I meant the parent visa.
The mother in law is worried she will be left on her own when we go.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

If your husband is her only child the balance of family test would be satisfied once he is in Australia.

If you or your mother would like to discuss her visa options, please feel able to have an initial freebie chat with my colleague John Sylvester via UK number 023 80 488777.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Thanks for the number. Just to confirm though, what would be the chances of succeeding in applying for this for her? Would the chances be good?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:48 am
Migration Agent

Assuming her health is good, and you have an Assurer in place (these being - in my experience - the two main hurdles for Parent visa applicants after meeting the balance of family test) - yes.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Thanks for the number. Just to confirm though, what would be the chances of succeeding in applying for this for her? Would the chances be good?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Assuming her health is good, and you have an Assurer in place (these being - in my experience - the two main hurdles for Parent visa applicants after meeting the balance of family test) - yes.

Best regards.
What is an assurer?
And she does have a brother and sisters in the UK still. Would this affect it?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:02 am
Migration Agent

- Re an Assurer: see here - http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=214

- Re brother and sister: that doesn't affect an application for a Parent or Contributory Parent visa, but means the alternative of a Remaining Relative visa wouldn't be an option.

See also: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=265
(note that the first and second VACs have increased since I wrote the article - current Visa Application Charges are set out in DIMIA booklet 990i, which you can access via www.immi.gov.au)

Hope this helps.

What is an assurer?
And she does have a brother and sisters in the UK still. Would this affect it?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:04 am
Migration Agent

PS. The Assurance of Support Bonds for Contributory Parent visas are A$10k for the main applicant and A$4k for the secondary applicant.

Suggest you might discuss all of this with someone such as John if you are still looking for clarification of where to go from here.

Best regards.

- Re an Assurer: see here - http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=214

- Re brother and sister: that doesn't affect an application for a Parent or Contributory Parent visa, but means the alternative of a Remaining Relative visa wouldn't be an option.

See also: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=265
(note that the first and second VACs have increased since I wrote the article - current Visa Application Charges are set out in DIMIA booklet 990i, which you can access via www.immi.gov.au)

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for all your help.
I will reassure her now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.