How to add my girlfriend to visa?

Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light
Default How to add my girlfriend to visa?

Hi everyone

in january I applied for a visa, subclass 136, but I didn't add my girlfriend, we are not married, and we don't live together, so no "de facto" relationship on paper, no bank account, no own house, nothing, I'm in the UK, she is in China;
I think if I had a visa, I can marry her and she could immigrate with me on spouse visa, but I don't know requirements, DIMIA website hasn't info about requirements for sponsor, only must be resident or citizen;
maybe someone knows more about it, I am sure I need to have permament job, some savings, but I can guess -own house or flat or to be a tenant is ok? no bank loans? savings - how much? how long must I be resident in Oz -couple of monts is enough or years?
can anyone advise me?
and how long did you wait for medical request from DIMIA after ackowledgment? and where can I get PCC? from any police station? who issues it? Ive been waiting for 2 months and still didnt get any message from DIMIA( only they got my papers, and card charged); is it normal?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to add my girlfriend to visa?

Hi Conrad,

To sponsor your gf you need to be permanent resident, i.e. you'll have to do your 'initial entry' after your visa is granted. No need to spend years in oz before you're allowed to sponsor, but you'll have to meet the requirements. You'll basically have to give evidence that you can support both of you financially and accommodation wise. So, it's wise to find flat and job before lodging her application...

We have done the same thing a few months ago. I only found a casual position and was hardly able to cover our rent but no probs there. My bf's visa was granted within a few days.

If you haven't lived together for one year you have the option of a prospected marriage visa. With this visa your gf is permitted to travel to oz to get married with you within nine months. Note once you're granted your visa you're not permitted to get married until you have done your initial entry.

I think you should download the Partner Migration Booklet from the dimia website so see further details.

As for the timefrime I think two months isn't too bad. Check out www.austimeline.com for information on how long the process is currently.

Good luck
margoo