Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Holiday visa to Australia while waiting on PR visa info please

Holiday visa to Australia while waiting on PR visa info please

Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:20 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Holiday visa to Australia while waiting on PR visa info please

Hi

I was just wondering is it possible to go to Australia on a holiday visa while waiting on your visa to come through I understand that we would have to let Diac know and am i right in saying that we would have to leave Australia while visa is granted. just wondering if it is possible we do know that you couldn't work etc so need enough money to do us what do you think please
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:45 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holiday visa to Australia while waiting on PR visa info please

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi

I was just wondering is it possible to go to Australia on a holiday visa while waiting on your visa to come through I understand that we would have to let Diac know and am i right in saying that we would have to leave Australia while visa is granted. just wondering if it is possible we do know that you couldn't work etc so need enough money to do us what do you think please
We did it. Applied for PR in Sep 04, went to Oz on holiday in Jan 05, PR visa granted in Jul 05. Just told our agent who, presumably, told DIMIA.

No problems. Been resident since Sep 06.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:49 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
We did it. Applied for PR in Sep 04, went to Oz on holiday in Jan 05, PR visa granted in Jul 05. Just told our agent who, presumably, told DIMIA.

No problems. Been resident since Sep 06.

cool what happened when you were there and visa was granted did you all have to fly out to get visa granted or how did it work this is seriously good news Im pregnant and want to be in Australia sooner rather than later and worried the visa wont come back in time and i might not be able to fly long haul so could be an option for us thanks for replying
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:22 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Make absolutely sure you tell your agent or case officer to avoid messy complications.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
Make absolutely sure you tell your agent or case officer to avoid messy complications.
Yep if we do go down that road we would deffiently be telling them after waiting this long to go i wouldn't want to ruin our chances we dont have a co at the moment but i dont think it will become an issue on less we get to may and no sign of any thing but keeping our options open
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:47 pm

just bumping it up encase their is any one else out there who has done the same
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sasher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am in a similar position. We have submitted our 175 visa app online in Feb but now a friend of mine is getting married in Aus in June so I will be going over for the wedding. How do I let DIMA know that I need a travel visa as I may not have a CO by then and I have no agent?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Sasher
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Sasher
Hi, I am in a similar position. We have submitted our 175 visa app online in Feb but now a friend of mine is getting married in Aus in June so I will be going over for the wedding. How do I let DIMA know that I need a travel visa as I may not have a CO by then and I have no agent?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Sasher
when you book your flights the travel agent usually look after the the holiday visa so i guess you can email DIRMA with you name TRN number and passport number letting them know That you will be in June
you'll probably have a co by june all going well
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:29 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

cool what happened when you were there and visa was granted did you all have to fly out to get visa granted or how did it work this is seriously good news Im pregnant and want to be in Australia sooner rather than later and worried the visa wont come back in time and i might not be able to fly long haul so could be an option for us thanks for replying
We only went to Oz for 3 weeks so were back in the UK when it was granted.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
We only went to Oz for 3 weeks so were back in the UK when it was granted.
Im loseing it posted in the wrong place LOL
any way that was handy wasn't it nice end to a holiday i was thinking along the lines of staying there on till we got visa !!

Last edited by Baby75; Mar 27th 2008 at 9:12 am.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Im loseing it posted in the wrong place LOL
any way that was handy wasn't it nice end to a holiday i was thinking along the lines of staying there on till we got visa !!
Hey Baby75, Are you buying a return ticket or a one way?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Ozbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura about

my husband and I have thought of doing this, as we are renting a property now, having sold our one last year, the waiting is driving us crazy! my only other concern would be would you be able to put your child into school whilst waiting for the PR visa to come through? other wise my son who is nearly 6 could possibly be out of school for quite a while! any advice would be gratefully recieved!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Hey Baby75, Are you buying a return ticket or a one way?
Ild say it would have to be return don't think they let you in on a one way with out a valid visa as far as i know any way
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:04 pm

This is going to sound like a stupid question but my DH thinks we would need to prove we have enough money to support ourself for our holiday in Australia

i have a feeling that you dont i dont know were any country ask have you enough spending money for your holiday but what do you think
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:39 pm
Chief Innovation Officer

stormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nice

This is going to sound like a stupid question but my DH thinks we would need to prove we have enough money to support ourself for our holiday in Australia

i have a feeling that you dont i dont know were any country ask have you enough spending money for your holiday but what do you think
Ha ha - you don't need to prove you have enough money to support yourself on holiday, that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too random!!!

Lol, I'd tell the OH to chill the beans and go enjoy yourself. You'll be guests in the country you'll soon be living in, so enjoy the hospitality - you'll be dishing it out yourself soon enough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.