high blood pressure and cardiology reports

Old May 11th 2007, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default high blood pressure and cardiology reports

arghh...

ok got a call from the doctor last night apparently he has not sent off my medical yet because i needed a cardiology report doing now he says the cardiologist has put that he thinks i have mild hypertension due to weight and white coat syndrome but that he reccomends a 24 hour monitoring for further checking. My doctor did not want to send it in without the go ahead as he thinks the last line may cause a problem, he will write in his covering letter that he believes it to be high due to white coat syndrome and being overwieght but wanted the goahead before doing so.

I don't know what to do, will this cause me to fail the medical? do i need to see a more experienced cardiologist who has done these reports before as the one i saw was inexperienced and mine was the first ever visa report he has done.

Robert
Old May 11th 2007, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: high blood pressure and cardiology reports

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
arghh...

ok got a call from the doctor last night apparently he has not sent off my medical yet because i needed a cardiology report doing now he says the cardiologist has put that he thinks i have mild hypertension due to weight and white coat syndrome but that he reccomends a 24 hour monitoring for further checking. My doctor did not want to send it in without the go ahead as he thinks the last line may cause a problem, he will write in his covering letter that he believes it to be high due to white coat syndrome and being overwieght but wanted the goahead before doing so.

I don't know what to do, will this cause me to fail the medical? do i need to see a more experienced cardiologist who has done these reports before as the one i saw was inexperienced and mine was the first ever visa report he has done.

Robert

Many people have hypertension. Most people have it treated. It's very unlikely to mean that you can't go to Oz. 24 hr tape is a great idea - usually GP practice/nurse arranges for that and then interpret the results (they get a print-out of the data collected on the machine) and then the GP manages the hypertension if there is hypertension (or hypotension).

Treatment:
1. lifestyle changes -
- cut salt out of diet, dont eat "packaged meals", increase amount of fruit/veg. Reduce alcohol intake.
- exercise exercise exercise. Park at the end of the carpark at the supermarket etc. Everything helps.
- Lose weight

2. tablets from doctor.
These work well for most people, but some people experience side effects.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Many people have hypertension. Most people have it treated. It's very unlikely to mean that you can't go to Oz. 24 hr tape is a great idea - usually GP practice/nurse arranges for that and then interpret the results (they get a print-out of the data collected on the machine) and then the GP manages the hypertension if there is hypertension (or hypotension).

Treatment:
1. lifestyle changes -
- cut salt out of diet, dont eat "packaged meals", increase amount of fruit/veg. Reduce alcohol intake.
- exercise exercise exercise. Park at the end of the carpark at the supermarket etc. Everything helps.
- Lose weight

2. tablets from doctor.
These work well for most people, but some people experience side effects.
Thanks, i just tried to make an appointment at the doctors here in lowestoft where i work monday - friday and they refused on 2 grounds, 1st im not registered and need to see my doctor in Beverley 200 miles away and 2 i live out side of their area when im down here so i can't register either! so much for an NHS health service.

Robert
Old May 11th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

arghh...

Robert
Hi Robert

I had to get the very same thing doing. When they done the 24 hour monitoring everything was fine. So went to the cardiologist and he said my blood pressure was normal also done an ecg and said heart was in perfect condition. Just try to lose a bit of weight and he reckoned I had white coat syndrome. Meds have been processed and I have heard nothing back yet so I am hoping thats the end of it.

Sandra
Old May 11th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

My wife had high blood pressure at her medical last week. She had the 24hr thing done in October and we sent the cardiologist report from that and are hoping that will be enough for them. The Doctor said that he would contact us if he thought that wasn't going to be sufficient.
Old May 11th 2007, 1:04 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

My partner has hereditary high BP which is 'just one of those things' and not caused by any underlying problems. We have asked around and it seems that as long as you can show that your high BP is not caused by a serious underlying condition (i.e. heart problem) that might end up costing lots of money to treat and is something that can be treated/resolved simply either thru lifestyle changes or basic prescription tablets (as in our case) you should allegedly be okay. I would have thought the 24 hr monitor is a good idea as this should give you the back up you need to show there is no serious underlying problem..(my husband had one of these and it's no trouble). I hope all goes well for you
Old May 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

arghh...

Robert
Hiya Robert my blood pressure was very high that I had to see a cardiologist and had to have a 24 hour bp monitor on and on my private xray which was sent to oz it also said that my heart was slightly enlarged anyway still got the visa, so try not to panic

SArahx
Old May 11th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Many people have hypertension. Most people have it treated.
Im my experience, most people with high blood pressure dont have it treated as most dont even know they have it
Old May 11th 2007, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Im my experience, most people with high blood pressure dont have it treated as most dont even know they have it
Correct.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:44 pm

oddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really nice

arghh...

Robert
I would say don't worry, but easier said than done

Our situation is pretty similar in that my husband has been diagnosed with 'white coat syndrome' for some years now and of course it reared its ugly head at the meds. :curse: He has, however, already had a cardiologist report and 24 hour monitoring as he has been a pilot in the Royal Navy for twenty years, had air crew medicals every year, been accepted as a pilot by the Aussie Army and worked for the US CoastGuard who put him on tablets for it!! So, I am assuming that if all these other 'great institutions' can accept him then the powers who be in Sydney sure as hell should...Well, that's what we are hoping anyway, cause if they don't, we're in the S**t!!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:10 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Yes I second that, at least you now know you now have a potential health problem that you can work to resolve. If you had any caffine during the hour or so before your medical it could just be that. Coffee sends my blood pressure up quite noticably, so knowing this I avoided it before the medical.
Old May 11th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

ChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really nice

My blood pressure has been classed as quite high at 155 over 90 i asked for the 24 hr monitor to find my true reading a few days ago. My average reading was 122 over 77 classic case of white coat syndrome they told me take the test you have nothing to worry about hypertension is very common
Old May 11th 2007, 9:47 pm

oddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ChubbyChubbs
i asked for the 24 hr monitor to find my true reading a few days ago.
Yeah - My OH had to do the 24 hour monitor, trouble was every time the bloody thing went off it woke him and me up.:curse: He had to 'sleep' in the spare room that night (one of many)! That's enough to put anyone's pressure up!
Old May 11th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

ChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really niceChubbyChubbs is just really nice

yes it woke me up every hour had some strange dreams when i did manage to get some sleep but was worth it in the end as i am definitely expecting
high readings at the medical
Old May 26th 2007, 12:42 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChubbyChubbs
yes it woke me up every hour had some strange dreams when i did manage to get some sleep but was worth it in the end as i am definitely expecting
high readings at the medical
hi guys i have been told that i have an enlarged heart, i went to see my GP yesterday and he sent me for another chest xray, my Bp is normal it was bit high yesterday as i was worried about whats going on,

He thinks that it is totally down to my weight but i have got change a few things, and i have got an appointment to see the cardiologist, but that could take 8 weeks.

i feel a bit better now after reading what you guys have been through, we could be ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.