hi, new menber looking for help

Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:02 am
Just Joined

nutts-about-aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi, new menber looking for help

Hi just joined the site and are looking for a bit of advice, we have just started to look at moving the great down under and all ready total confused . We are a family of 3 my son is 11 and can’t wait to move. I work in retail management and my husband is a joiner, I have some qualifications in management but my husband not formally qualified, when doing some research into working in oz I believe they want joiners to be qualified, does anybody know how we can get around this or should I send him back to school? We have family in who live just outside Sydney they are Australian citizens they have offered to sponsor us. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated, I didn’t want to go straight to one many relocation companies and pay thousands for things to not work out or we could have done ourselves. Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:13 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi, new menber looking for help

Originally Posted by nutts-about-aus
Hi just joined the site and are looking for a bit of advice, we have just started to look at moving the great down under and all ready total confused . We are a family of 3 my son is 11 and can’t wait to move. I work in retail management and my husband is a joiner, I have some qualifications in management but my husband not formally qualified, when doing some research into working in oz I believe they want joiners to be qualified, does anybody know how we can get around this or should I send him back to school? We have family in who live just outside Sydney they are Australian citizens they have offered to sponsor us. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated, I didn’t want to go straight to one many relocation companies and pay thousands for things to not work out or we could have done ourselves. Cheers
I'm affraid that you will have to send him to collage, if you want the quickest and more secure way.

If you can be sponsored and are happy with that then go for it!

if you choose to use an agent or not is up to you, but if it doesnt work out then it doesnt matter which way you go about it.

lots of people do the apllication themselves and there is no shortage of poeple on here to help you. we went with an agent just for the peace of mind that everything is done properly and if there is something missing they would tell us first before everything is sent to the Aussie side of things.

good luck
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:14 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'll move this to immigration as i think you'll get a better response there.
Edit - Sheff already replied!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:36 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri
I'll move this to immigration as i think you'll get a better response there.
Edit - Sheff already replied!
move it anyway. will be better there

Oh!, you have!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

hi

when you say not formally qualified. What do you mean. How long has he been a chippy and is he currently working.

If he has been employed as a chippy for a while he can get references off old or current bosses. as hye has experience in occupation.

I couldnt prove id been to college as they balls it all up on computers so i did a stat dec to say i was telling the truth and thats a legal doc.

al
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
hi

when you say not formally qualified. What do you mean. How long has he been a chippy and is he currently working.

If he has been employed as a chippy for a while he can get references off old or current bosses. as hye has experience in occupation.

I couldnt prove id been to college as they balls it all up on computers so i did a stat dec to say i was telling the truth and thats a legal doc.

al
hi thanks for replying, been a chippy (joiner) for 20 years now,been self employed ,sub contractor for M.F.I. fitting kithchens/bedrooms for last 4 years so not sure if i can get refs.What do you meen by a stat dec.my sister who lives in anna bay newcastle says she can sponser us,but does this mean i still have to get proof of my work experence before planning to go.Just wondering what visa you would need for a sponsered application.thanks
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

hi thanks for replying, been a chippy (joiner) for 20 years now,been self employed ,sub contractor for M.F.I. fitting kithchens/bedrooms for last 4 years so not sure if i can get refs.What do you meen by a stat dec.my sister who lives in anna bay newcastle says she can sponser us,but does this mean i still have to get proof of my work experence before planning to go.Just wondering what visa you would need for a sponsered application.thanks

Hi, you should be ok to apply defo zas you have experience in occupation which should be able to be proved by references off old bosses.

If old bosses are uncontactable(or your current boss doesnt know about your intended migration) then you can do a stat dec.
This means statutory declaration saying that

i (whatever your name is) of (address) (job title) do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows

Then writeabout training, training methods, what you learnt in your college or on apprenticeship or training including everything you have learned

End it with

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act 1835.

Signed (applicant) …………………………………………� �………………..……………

Declared at …………………………………………� �……………………………..

Before me …………………………………………� �……………………………..

Designation/Address …………………………………………� �……………………………..

Date …………………………………………� �……………………………..

Basically this is a legally binding doc in the eyes of immigration. Tell lies and if they find out later on you casn be deported.

I did about 6 stat decs and i had no formall quals as there was a bugger up at the college and i got let in!

Go online and fill in a few agents application number totting up things ands if you have a good chance of gettin in they will contact you and even if you cant afford them just see if you can get the skills bit done by an agent as thats the hardest bit done and then do the rest yourself as the visa bit is easy as you only have to photocopy stuff and fill out lengthy forms and send it off.

good luck

Last edited by Mr Anderson; Mar 28th 2008 at 4:23 am.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:20 am
Just Joined

pinkstarz is an unknown quantity at this point

If it turns out he may need an NVQ or equiv. then here's a website, my Boyfriends going through the same he's a Painter and Decorator.

http://www.cskills.org/traininglearn...ccupations.asp

Hope I helped.

Good luck

x
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pinkstarz
If it turns out he may need an NVQ or equiv. then here's a website, my Boyfriends going through the same he's a Painter and Decorator.

http://www.cskills.org/traininglearn...ccupations.asp

Hope I helped.

Good luck

x
thanks for that info! the link to cskills site is very helpful thanks again.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi nutts

I hope you don't mind me asking, I know it has nothing to do with your question, but how long has your sister been out in oz, as I was looking to see if my sister who is in adelaide could sponsor me, but i cannot seem to get a straight answer from any agents, some say she has to be there 2 years and the oz gov website says to be eligible they have to be permanent residents which she is, but has only been there since july 2007, I was wondering if you might know anything or where I might be able to find some answers

thanks aud
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

If you have management experience, perhaps you could look at getting your skills assessed by the AIM and going as the main applicant instead? This would depend on whether you need MODL points, of course.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
Hi nutts

I hope you don't mind me asking, I know it has nothing to do with your question, but how long has your sister been out in oz, as I was looking to see if my sister who is in adelaide could sponsor me, but i cannot seem to get a straight answer from any agents, some say she has to be there 2 years and the oz gov website says to be eligible they have to be permanent residents which she is, but has only been there since july 2007, I was wondering if you might know anything or where I might be able to find some answers

thanks aud
hi smurf sorry i have not got back sooner, my sis has been out in aus for 5 years now,and was in new zeland for 6 years before that, and is a permanent res out there.she has sponsered other freinds before and had no problems,dont know why agent can't answer questions for you, i should email my sis soon and try to get some more info.