Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Hi been a long time since i lasy posted,but im back .desprate ping pong pom

Hi been a long time since i lasy posted,but im back .desprate ping pong pom

Old Jan 26th 2014, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about
Default Hi been a long time since i lasy posted,but im back .desprate ping pong pom

Hi,so I'm back and after returning to the UK in 2009 from Queensland I'm home sick and now desperate to return as I loved my life there and never wanted to come back but marriage breakdow forced it.Am now strong and happy in a new relationship but really want to return to Australia, but is it possable my res visa has expired and my new partner will soon be 45 is there a way? Any advice welcome ! Thanks Fiona
Old Jan 26th 2014, 7:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi been a long time since i lasy posted,but im back .desprate ping pong pom

Hi FionaG. Welcome back.

I think this may be best off in the Australia forum, so I'll move it there for you.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi been a long time since i lasy posted,but im back .desprate ping pong pom

When did your visa expire and how long did you live in Australia for?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Hi , I moved there on 11 Nov 2007 and returned on 29 th Oct 2009 but also had to return for 3 weeks for a wedding and funeral over that time.My visa expired15 Oct 2012. Thanks Fiona
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaG
Hi , I moved there on 11 Nov 2007 and returned on 29 th Oct 2009 but also had to return for 3 weeks for a wedding and funeral over that time.My visa expired15 Oct 2012. Thanks Fiona
Guessing that you have no real ties left her? So a RRV would probably be out of reach. Does your new partner have any skills that would get a skills visa?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi, only friends And a bank account ,and my partner is a transport planner so prob not usefull ! My partner has an aunt and cousins In Melbourne but that's all plus he is almost 45. I became I'll when in oz as was meant to go for surgery in oz but returned home stupidly before my op .. is there any way I could apply to renew my visa on compassion grounds ??? I would have renewed it but my life was in a bad place after my return to the UK.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaG
Hi, only friends And a bank account ,and my partner is a transport planner so prob not usefull ! My partner has an aunt and cousins In Melbourne but that's all plus he is almost 45. I became I'll when in oz as was meant to go for surgery in oz but returned home stupidly before my op .. is there any way I could apply to renew my visa on compassion grounds ??? I would have renewed it but my life was in a bad place after my return to the UK.
As you have not been out of the country for five years you do not need to prove compelling and compassionate reasons for your absence. You need to demonstrate ties to Australia. Your dates are a bit unfortunate, being 13 days shy of two years and would have been better if you had applied before the visa expired too..

Is there any chance you could secure a job offer whilst you are in the UK, that would strengthen your case. Other than that, I would just recommend you give it a go. I have seen quite a few cases where on paper the applicant does not appear to meet the criteria for a RRV but they get it anyway.