Wikiposts

HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 8th 2002, 1:59 am
Marty

Default Re: HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

it sux i know, but there was no need for the arrogance these people put forward. If
these people are all migrants or refugee's maybe i am supporting them for all the
wrong reasons, there is no way i want australia to be full of foreigners with
attitudes like these people.

"Pam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...
    > Marty......... You picked a bit of a sensitive subject, (like you didnt know
    > Most of the people on this site wish that all the negative things would go away,
    > Refugee policy and THE REALITY would come under this category... Of course there
    > are others that sadly dont know anything about this subject. We dont need to look
    > through a search engine to get facts of this nature..................!
    > 1103 people are in Australia's mainland detention centres. Of those people 803 are
    > awaiting an appeal after their claims for refugee status were rejected. Most in
    > detention in the mainland centres are from Middle Eastern countries-especially
    > Iraq and Iran and Afganistan. 154 adults and 39 children are in the Woomera
    > Detention centre.
    > Some responses : Justice Bhagawati says children are deprived of adequate
    > educational facilities appropriate to their age.
    > The Judge says people are in detention for unduly long periods due to the refugee
    > determination process and unnecessary delays. (Facts taken from The Age newspaper!)
    > Why do we lock these people up for so long ??? I have no clue, maybe someone else
    > wants to answer that one.
    > Eagerly awaiting a response.....
    > PAM.

Old Sep 8th 2002, 2:29 pm
Pam

Marty, Where are you from ??

Thanx, PAM.

Old Sep 8th 2002, 5:24 pm
Marty

Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia "Pam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:4a1c7de4.0209081829.5bd9-
[email protected]
    > Marty, Where are you from ??
    > Thanx, PAM.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 8:27 am
ndaltonb

Hi,

I just had to chip in here.

Marty,

I know you don't think much of the response you got from the NG, but think about it, you live in Aus and therefore should have a far better understanding of the situation locally than anyone on this newsgroup. It is for people applying for skilled independant visas to Australia, ostensibly from the UK.

In fact what makes me smile is that all your questions bar the last one can be answered by spending a short time on three websites
- www.immi.gov.au
- www.google.com
- www.refugeecouncil.org.au
see below.

You didn't get answers because we (OK me) expect people to some basic reseach before putting questions like this up. ON THE OTHER HAND, if you had asked us for our OPINIONS on the situation re refugees, you would have got a far better response. Don't expect others to do your factual research for you.

You may want to post a question (if you are interested) like What are your opinions on the refugee situation in Aus (namely forced detention etc) and how do you feel about the refugee situation in Europe and particularly the UK (being an island and all)?

Good luck

Nigel db

P.S. Word of advice, don't swear at people when the don't help at first, it only ensures they will never help you.

====================

In reply to your questions from an outsiders point of view

1. How many migrants is australia planning to accept in 2003? - Haven't a clue but if I wanted to know, I'd look at the government site at www.immi.gov.au rather than asking expectant migrants from Europe.

2. Under what categories does australia accept migrants? - This is as easy one, just go to www.immi.gov.au

3. How has australia's migration pattern changed over
the last 50 years and why? Haven't a clue but if I wanted to know, I'd look at the government site at www.immi.gov.au

4. One impact immigration has had on australia? - Haven't a clue but if I wanted to know, I'd start to look at the governement site at www.immi.gov.au

5. What is a refugee? - Haven't a clue but if I wanted to know, I'd look at the site for United Nations and search for Refugee. Should quickly come up with the UNHCR. Heck, even google does. Actually just tried it and the fourth listing was for www.refugeecouncil.org.au, the Refugee Council of Australia

6. Where are our latest refugees coming from? - See above

7. and how are they entering australia? - See above

8. What is mandatory detention? - See above

9. Name one world organisation's response to australia's treatment of refugee's? - Tougher one this bit go for the big ones, UNHCR and Amnesty International.