HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 5th 2002, 2:05 am
Marty

Default HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone answer these questions for me...

*how many migrants is australia planning to accept in 2003? *Under what categories
does australia accept migrants? *How has australia's migration pattern changed over
the last 50 years and why? *One impact immigration has had on australia? *What is a
refugee? *Where are our latest refugees coming from? *and how are they entering
australia? *What is mandatory detention? *Name one world organisation's response to
australia's treatment of refugee's?

Any help at all would be much appreciated, thanx in advance. Marty

Old Sep 5th 2002, 2:27 am
Jaj

Default Re: HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you start by reading the Department of Immigration website? Jereny

>On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 00:05:18 +1000, "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote: Can anyone
    >answer these questions for me...
    >*how many migrants is australia planning to accept in 2003? *Under what categories
    >does australia accept migrants? *How has australia's migration pattern changed over
    >the last 50 years and why? *One impact immigration has had on australia? *What is a
    >refugee? *Where are our latest refugees coming from? *and how are they entering
    >australia? *What is mandatory detention? *Name one world organisation's response to
    >australia's treatment of refugee's?
    >Any help at all would be much appreciated, thanx in advance. Marty

Old Sep 5th 2002, 2:57 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Marty:
Let me guess - another school assignment?
Old Sep 5th 2002, 6:47 am
Robert Edwards

Exactly what thought when I read this post.

"ptlabs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Marty:
    > > Can anyone answer these questions for me...
    > >
    > Let me guess - another school assignment?
    > --
    > Visited http://www.austimeline.com/ yet?
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 5th 2002, 7:21 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

*how many migrants is australia planning to accept in 2003? *Under what categories
does australia accept migrants? *How has australia's migration pattern changed over
the last 50 years and why? *One impact immigration has had on australia? *What is a
refugee? *Where are our latest refugees coming from? *and how are they entering
australia? *What is mandatory detention? *Name one world organisation's response to
australia's treatment of refugee's?

Any help at all would be much appreciated, thanx in advance. Marty
The answer is, yes, I can answer these questions. As I am sure can Jaj and Peter and probably Rob too. Now go and start up a few search engines you little rascal.
Old Sep 5th 2002, 9:05 am
George Lombard

Hi Marty,

Some answers, but not perhaps ones which will be very useful for you:

> *how many migrants is australia planning to accept in 2003?

Go to www.immi.gov.au to figure this out. Tell
your teachers that apart from "migration" in the sense of officially sanctioned
permanent movement of foreigners to Australia there are now record levels of
unofficial migration under this government because of its very relaxed attitudes to
overstayers. You might want to tell your teacher that the government does not release
figures with respect to unofficial migration.

> *Under what categories does australia accept migrants?

Too many to list here. Use the broad categories at
www.immi.gov.au but tell your teachers that the
insistence on a massively complex rule-based highly dissected eligibility regime is
just a boon for bureaucrats and lawyers. Ask them why Australia can't use a simple
booklet and accessible website, plus a 24 hour enquiry line, like New Zealand
(www.immigration.govt.nz).

> *How has australia's migration pattern changed over the last 50 years and why?

The major change of which your teachers would be aware is the so-called end of the
White Australia policy. This can be researched anywhere, although a Google search on
"White Australia" would be a good start. But tell your teachers that there is still
a strong element of racism in the Australian migration program, for example the long
waits and low priority accorded to African skilled migration applicants, even today,
and also tell them that discrimination according to social class appears to be the
guiding element today in today's migration program, so that you could summarise it as
a move from race to class. That should prove provocative :-)

> *One impact immigration has had on australia?

Environmental degradation.

> *What is a refugee?

See www.unhcr.ch

> *Where are our latest refugees coming from?

This is a question which is impossible to answer accurately, because you don't know
if anyone is a refugee until they are determined to be such. Best to call the RRT on
02-99515800 and ask for the figures from their annual report.

> *and how are they entering australia?

See last answer. The RRT figures should give you a breakdown according to detention
cases, but as these include both air and sea arrivals it is difficult to say.

> *What is mandatory detention?

A complete departure from Australia's international obligations under the Refugee
Convention, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the International Covenant
on Civil and Political Rights. No other country in the world has as little need for
such a policy, or treats asylum seekers with such contempt. One view is that you can
tell from the way governments treat asylum seekers how they would like to treat the
rest of us. But I don't recommend you put that in your essay :-)

> *Name one world organisation's response to australia's treatment of refugee's?

UNHCR - supine. Amnesty International - outraged FIFA - disinterested

Cheers

George Lombard

Old Sep 5th 2002, 9:24 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

George you are a kind man helping this person out!!!!

It'd have been better to make him sweat a bit!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2002, 11:43 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good one George!
Originally posted by George Lombard:
    > *Name one world organisation's response to australia's treatment of refugee's?

UNHCR - supine. Amnesty International - outraged FIFA - disinterested
Old Sep 6th 2002, 1:35 am
Marty

well who would have thought u lot could be so arrogant, thanx to those 2 who did help
a little. as a matter of fact i am not a student, i am 23 years old and just
interested in this area, sorry to be such a bother, i'll post elsewhere next time,
again thanx to the 2 ppl who tried to help.

Marty

"Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone answer these questions for me...
    > *how many migrants is australia planning to accept in 2003? *Under what categories
    > does australia accept migrants? *How has australia's migration pattern changed over
    > the last 50 years and why? *One impact immigration has had on australia? *What is a
    > refugee? *Where are our latest refugees coming from? *and how are they entering
    > australia? *What is mandatory detention? *Name one world organisation's response to
    > australia's treatment of refugee's?
    > Any help at all would be much appreciated, thanx in advance. Marty

Old Sep 6th 2002, 2:17 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Young man, if you want a decent answer, you'll have to ask politely. Listing out a bunch of questions that resemble a secondary school homework essay doesn't really deserve a second look.

If you're really interested in these issues, do some research on DIMIA's website as George has suggested. For definitions of English words, try http://www.dictionary.com/

Enjoy.

Peter

well who would have thought u lot could be so arrogant, thanx to those 2 who did help a little. as a matter of fact i am not a student, i am 23 years old and just interested in this area, sorry to be such a bother, i'll post elsewhere next time,
again thanx to the 2 ppl who tried to help.
Old Sep 6th 2002, 2:50 am
Don
Banned

sorry to be such a bother Marty[/q1]
Thanks for apologising in advance and your suggested course of action is very wise.
Old Sep 6th 2002, 4:52 am
Don
Banned

23 going on 13?
Old Sep 7th 2002, 2:15 am
Marty

I found the info i was interested in, .......Edited by moderator.........next time you should just say sorry i dont
know the answers to those questions, you are all so very sad, i would bet my life you
all lead very lonely lives and have nothing better to do than get on the net and try
to be funny. So sad!!!

"pleasancefamily" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 23 going on 13?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 7th 2002, 10:07 pm
Siobhan Hanrahan

Marty,

If we are sooo pathetic, then why are you bothering to read & reply to the group.
Perhaps you need medication?

Siobhan

Old Sep 7th 2002, 10:16 pm
Pam

Marty......... You picked a bit of a sensitive subject, (like you didnt know Most
of the people on this site wish that all the negative things would go away, Refugee
policy and THE REALITY would come under this category... Of course there are others
that sadly dont know anything about this subject. We dont need to look through a
search engine to get facts of this nature..................!

1103 people are in Australia's mainland detention centres. Of those people 803 are
awaiting an appeal after their claims for refugee status were rejected. Most in
detention in the mainland centres are from Middle Eastern countries-especially
Iraq and Iran and Afganistan. 154 adults and 39 children are in the Woomera
Detention centre.

Some responses : Justice Bhagawati says children are deprived of adequate educational
facilities appropriate to their age.

The Judge says people are in detention for unduly long periods due to the refugee
determination process and unnecessary delays. (Facts taken from The Age newspaper!)

Why do we lock these people up for so long ??? I have no clue, maybe someone else
wants to answer that one.

Eagerly awaiting a response.....

PAM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.