Wikiposts

HELP!!! What should I study for PR?

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:29 pm
Banned

lark_lrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!! What should I study for PR?

Hey, I work as an Office Manager with good years of experience. However I do not have any formal qualifications and will not get a positive assessment from Vetasses. Can someone please help... i need to study for 2 years and was wondering what should I study?? Anyone been in this situation before? Will really appreciate some assistance. Tried some agents, but no answer.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

lucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HELP!!! What should I study for PR?

Here is the MIGRATION OCCUPATIONS IN DEMAND (MODL). You can check this professions and decide for one which fits better to you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lark_lrk
Hey, I work as an Office Manager with good years of experience. However I do not have any formal qualifications and will not get a positive assessment from Vetasses. Can someone please help... i need to study for 2 years and was wondering what should I study?? Anyone been in this situation before? Will really appreciate some assistance. Tried some agents, but no answer.
Just remember that if criteria changes along the way, you could be stuffed!

I have come to Australia and studied in an attempt to gain PR. I picked Hairdressing for MODL and duration of course (16 months - 2 academic years) and currently have an application in for PR.

It was close tho, and if my application went in 10 days later I would've been forced to work in my field for 12 months! ...

All a gamble, but isn't life!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:44 pm
Banned

lark_lrk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

I have come to Australia and studied in an attempt to gain PR. I picked Hairdressing for MODL and duration of course (16 months - 2 academic years) and currently have an application in for PR.

It was close tho, and if my application went in 10 days later I would've been forced to work in my field for 12 months! ...

Thanks for your inputs... I guess life is a gamble. However we need to take it once in awhile. Unfortunately it is an expensive one here!!! Anyway will check out my options and let you know... Glad that it worked for you Paul & Nic. Just hope it works for me too... :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for your inputs... I guess life is a gamble. However we need to take it once in awhile. Unfortunately it is an expensive one here!!! Anyway will check out my options and let you know... Glad that it worked for you Paul & Nic. Just hope it works for me too... :-)
Oh hasn't worked yet! ... but we HAVE gave best shot and in the hands of the gods now.

Jan / Feb 2008 we'll know, just enjoying life here for now ...

Best of luck with what you decide.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

What about the IPD - the Institute of Personnel and Development. You can do a one year course which ie equivalent to a BTEC. Would that be enough?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Hiya, just wanted to know, did you go out on a student visa then? My sister is thinking of doing something similar. She wants to know, can you apply as a student, get the qualifications, then apply? I was under the impression that for a 60 point occupation you had to have studied full time for 3 or 4 years. I'm also hoping to study when we get to oz. And can i ask how much it cost you to study there? lisa.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hiya, just wanted to know, did you go out on a student visa then? My sister is thinking of doing something similar. She wants to know, can you apply as a student, get the qualifications, then apply? I was under the impression that for a 60 point occupation you had to have studied full time for 3 or 4 years. I'm also hoping to study when we get to oz. And can i ask how much it cost you to study there? lisa.
Yeah we all came on a Student Visa, couse cost $17k altho I think it's just under the $20k now.

2 years of study and a Cert III or higher!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally the trade courses are the best option, but yeah, it's all a gamble.

Check out this thread, I think you'll find some useful information on here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481211
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Is there anyway to study to be like a Sparky, Brickie, ect?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a link to the course search of the CRICOS website

http://cricos.dest.gov.au/Course/CourseSearch.aspx

Might also be worth giving STUDYOPTIONS a call, there quiet helpful.

http://www.studyoptions.com/temp.htm
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee28
Is there anyway to study to be like a Sparky, Brickie, ect?

Most trades courses are 4 years long - that's if you study in Australia.

If you study in the UK then you will also need at least 4 years on the job as well as the 2 years study.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Most trades courses are 4 years long - that's if you study in Australia.

If you study in the UK then you will also need at least 4 years on the job as well as the 2 years study.
I cannot seem to find these courses for trades, any idea where they are?

Thanks, Lee.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lee28
I cannot seem to find these courses for trades, any idea where they are?

Thanks, Lee.
If your between 18 - 35 i think it is, you can do an Apprenticeship which leads on to PR.

I think so anyway.

This was coming in a while ago and I looked into but am too old.

Agist bloody country! ...lol

Last edited by PaulandNic; Oct 4th 2007 at 10:08 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

If your between 18 - 30 i think it is, you can do an Apprenticeship which leads on to PR.
http://www.australia-migration.com/p...eship_Visa/368

2005! ... god have I been trying this PR game for THAT long! ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.