HELP! We want to get back down under.

Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:04 pm
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough
Default HELP! We want to get back down under.

Hi I am new to this site and desperatly need some advise.
My wife three children and I emigrated to Perth in july 2008. Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) We settled and brought our house which we lived in for our time there. My wife fell pregnant but unfortunatly misscarried which turned our lives upside down, and unsettled us. How ever we continued to try and live our dream. She fell pregnant again with Freddie our youngest but experienced difficulties, we were all over the place. We regeretably decided to sell and move back to the UK after 22 months. For some family support. Our Visa's expire in 2012 but financialy could not get back down under in time and dont think we could obtain a visa for our son who was born in the UK in time. We really want to get back but not sure if we can extend our visa as we fell short by 2 months of the 2 years needed to do this.
Any ideas?
Old Jun 10th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP! We want to get back down under.

You would probably get a child visa in time if you applied now. When about in 2012 does your visa expire? But funds are a different matter!
Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! We want to get back down under.

Big difference between say January 2012 and December 2012 - there might be plenty of time to get a child visa or there might not be.

If you can move back before the visa expires then there wouldn't be a problem, once you get settled in, house, jobs etc you can apply for the RRV on the basis of having substantial ties. Can't really make any suggestions on the money side, some people do it more cheaply than others but you are the best judge of how you want to do it.

Something I think you should think hard about is what happens if life throws you another curveball, would you want to move back again? Migrating takes a certain amount of independence and is hardest for those with a close extended family support network.