Help...are we too old?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

lesleygath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help...are we too old?

I am a 48 year old nurse and my husband is a 53 year old welder,
what chance do we have of immigration or finding employment?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:04 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help...are we too old?

Originally Posted by lesleygath
I am a 48 year old nurse and my husband is a 53 year old welder,
what chance do we have of immigration or finding employment?
I am no agent but as far as i am aware then yes you are too old to be accepted into the country, i believe the maximum age is 45, sorry to be the one to say this to you.

Nev.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:07 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by redlion
I am no agent but as far as i am aware then yes you are too old to be accepted into the country, i believe the maximum age is 45, sorry to be the one to say this to you.

Nev.
There are employer sponsored visas that may be an option...I know there have been nurses older than 45 who have successfully made the move but get professional advice. If you do a search on here for agents you'll get some good recommendations.
Good luck!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:08 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately for a skilled visa application the age limit is 45.

However, there is no age limit for some employer sponsored visas. As nurses are in demand, you could maybe contact employers in Australia and ask them to sponsor you.

Definitely contact a good migation agent for a free initial chat to discuss your visa options.

Good luck! .
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

lesleygath is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for your help.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:11 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

There is a ceiling on employer sponsored permanent residency visas in that applicants must be aged under 45 when the visa application is lodged ... unless the case can be made that the individual is "exceptional."

The case is more easily made when the applicant has a MODL occupation, and if the employment is in a regional area (as defined).

By contrast temporary employer sponsored visas (subclass number 457 visas) do not have the same age ceiling.

Probably worth engaging a migration agent with experience of such matters ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ws99
Unfortunately for a skilled visa application the age limit is 45.

However, there is no age limit for some employer sponsored visas. As nurses are in demand, you could maybe contact employers in Australia and ask them to sponsor you.

Definitely contact a good migation agent for a free initial chat to discuss your visa options.

Good luck! .
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough

We are currently applying for the 457 visa - my husband in a 47 year old sheetmetal worker. We are being sponsored by a recruitment agency called Workforce Solutions and they are keen for tradesmen and I see, from their UK website, nurses. You can contact them via their website at www.workforcesolutions.com.au They have a UK agent but we are dealing with Shayne Padgett and he can be contacted at [email protected] Good luck!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JillT
We are currently applying for the 457 visa - my husband in a 47 year old sheetmetal worker. We are being sponsored by a recruitment agency called Workforce Solutions and they are keen for tradesmen and I see, from their UK website, nurses. You can contact them via their website at www.workforcesolutions.com.au They have a UK agent but we are dealing with Shayne Padgett and he can be contacted at [email protected] Good luck!

hi just read you messsage we are trying out ways to come to australia we my hubbie a clas 1driver (20 years exp)aslo be quailfied as a bricklayer in june(6 years exp are needed)so by the time 6 years goes by he be 48 im trainning to be a hairdresser i will be under 45 when im well qualifed but six years seems so long but just to say i have emailed the website u suggested on
well good luck for the future we are off on holiday in august to oz so maybe make some enquiry out there
cheers
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

knoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really nice

Hi

My partners friend went on a temp sponsored visa (nurse) then applied for PR when she got there she had her PR in 9 months but there are no grantees you will get PR but worth a try
Think she was about 49/50