HELP VISAS

Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:03 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP VISAS

Originally Posted by Laura-lee
I can't seem to upload picture... My husband gained 0 points on work experience in Australia, 0 on English language ( this could possibly add 10 or 15 points If he was to take it and get a 7/8/9) and also 0 on additional such as designated language or sponsorship. We need a sponsor!! No family in oz though, only I friends.
You need to score 60 points, not 65. English gives either 0, 10 or 20 points so are you looking at the correct points scores. There's a guide in this booklet - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf . Also, if you are 5 points short, state sponsorship on a 190 visa is worth 5 points
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Laura-lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much Im going to try and find a job where employer may consider sponsoring my husband. And if my husband sits the ielts test that might help, just hope he gets good scores, he's dyslexic :/
Old Sep 12th 2013, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

There is assistance available for dyslexics takaing ILETS.

Why not put your case through a migration agent who will be able to tell you immediatly what your situation is - give George Lombard or Go Matilda a call.

I would not go down the employer sponsored route with a family. This is a temp visa for up to 4 years. If you lose your job in that time then you have 90 days to find another employer willing and able to sponsor. There are also financial issues with the 457 sponsored visa such as in some states you are required to pay thousands of dollars per child per year for education.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks verystormy, I wasn't aware it was only a temporary visa... What visa would you suggest we try and obtain? The skilled migrant one? We can't afford to pay another agent just yet as we lost some money paying for one last year.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 11:45 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

We can't afford to pay another agent just yet as we lost some money paying for one last year.
If you are hoping for sponsored one to make it cheaper, it may be more expensive in long run as you may end up paying upto $5000 per child per year for schooling etc. In your other thread you mentioned 2 dogs that you wanted to come with you. That'll be several thousand pounds. No offence but immigration can take years, year usually at least even in easiest cases but if you say you can't afford an agent, can you afford the $20k+ needed to just to get here especially with 2 large dogs?

It ain't fast and even more so, it ain't cheap.....
Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

It's not that we can't afford the move, we can, just haven't got things in place yet. I half own a property, it's a very confusing matter but i am seeing a solicitor next Thursday to discuss what can be done. I appreciate it can take a long while, we've been researching for nearly two years now. The only reason we considered the sponsorship route was to ensure work once we arrived. And yes we have two dogs which would travel over, I've already looked I to this and think it will roughly cost £5000 to fly over + quarantine costs once there.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 4:48 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks verystormy, I wasn't aware it was only a temporary visa... What visa would you suggest we try and obtain? The skilled migrant one? We can't afford to pay another agent just yet as we lost some money paying for one last year.
The temporary GSM visa is the 489. Which, as verystormy said, is valid for four years. You would need either a state/territory sponsor, or a family sponsor. If you have a family sponsor, then you must have an occupation on the SOL, as opposed to the CSOL. There's a rough guide to the process here. Be warned, they've just jacked up the fees again. It's not a straightforward single fee anymore. It depends on how many people are applying, etc. I just had a quick look, and two adults with two kids under eighteen applying for the 489 would be about AUD $7000. It's over double what it was before. Anyway, here's the visa fee estimator, so you can calculate how much it would be.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason we considered the sponsorship route was to ensure work once we arrived.
If you can find so someone to sponsor you from overseas then it would be even easier to find someone who can offer you a job without sponsorship. In reality both are pretty hard for most people, but certainly having the skilled migrant visa first will help. Companies avoid sponsorship if they can.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Skilled migration is the way we'll try and go, hubby will have to take the ielts test to up his points. I just used the visa fee estimate, came back as just over £5000! The children were more expensive than us adults!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:11 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Skilled migration is the way we'll try and go, hubby will have to take the ielts test to up his points. I just used the visa fee estimate, came back as just over £5000! The children were more expensive than us adults!
Good luck with your application.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I would start thinking about if you can actually afford this right now. Getting the visas are expensive - medical, skills assessments, police checks and so on. But to be honest, that is only a fraction of the costs. You need enough money to live when you land - so your looking at a few grand for temp accomodation, a few grand for a deposit, a few grand for first months rent, then you need to have a buffer of money to live on for at least 3 months. So, thats eating, bills, and everything else of modern day life.

This is not a cheap process
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:30 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

My point exactly.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Already explained the situation in an older post... The fact I have inherited half a property and the acre it's set in will hopefully help finance the move, if it happens that is!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Already explained the situation in an older post... The fact I have inherited half a property and the acre it's set in will hopefully help finance the move, if it happens that is!
That will help. Where did you get your info on visa costs since children are not more expensive than adults.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

On the visa fee estimater link that mrsgreenstar posted somewhere above. Perhaps I misread it... Will have another look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.