Help on Visa

Old Jul 19th 2022, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Jaimeelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help on Visa

Hi there.

I’m looking for some advice around the best visa route or other options available to me to get to Australia asap! Also have a few Q’s that I can’t find answers to anywhere.

I am 31 years old (uk passport) and have 7 years experience working in my profession. This is not on the skilled job visa list unfortunately. I have been offered a job in Sydney and was of the understanding that the FTA agreement was signed therefore the WOrking holiday visa max age had risen to 35. Apparently the FTA agreement has been virtually signed. Does anyone know when we are to receive An update on this from the government? I’ve read July 19th 2022 on the gov website but can’t see any update.

The next Q was regarding contracting. If I was to set up a business where I contract out my services to Australian companies, do I need visa? If so which one?

Do I need a visa to work for a UK company but reside in Australia? If so which one?

Thanks everyone for your help in advance

cheers
Old Jul 19th 2022, 6:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on Visa

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Jaimeelp
Does anyone know when we are to receive An update on this from the government? I’ve read July 19th 2022 on the gov website but can’t see any update.
Just seems to say 'within 2 years' if that helps? https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what...ssport-holders

Good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Jaimeelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply christmasoompa. I saw that too.

Do you know anything around visa requirements for contracting services to an Australian company?

cheers
Old Jul 19th 2022, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Diddly squat I’m afraid! But I’m sure somebody else will be able to help.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 10:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply christmasoompa. I saw that too.

Do you know anything around visa requirements for contracting services to an Australian company?

cheers
Your best bet is a consultation with a registered migration agent. You would need a visa that allows you to work in Australia, so not a tourist visa.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

okonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there.

The next Q was regarding contracting. If I was to set up a business where I contract out my services to Australian companies, do I need visa? If so which one?

Do I need a visa to work for a UK company but reside in Australia? If so which one?

Thanks everyone for your help in advance

cheers
Yes - need to apply for 188 visa - (business & entrepreneur visas) if you want to set up a business. ISTR there is a minimum requirement to hire two full time Australians, and have turnover of >300,000 AUD.

No visa to work for a UK company and reside in Australia. I guess you could do it for a while on a tourist visa, but that isn't residing.