HELP!! Vetassess said NO!!

Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda5 will become famous soon enoughAmanda5 will become famous soon enough
Default HELP!! Vetassess said NO!!

Have applied for skills assessment as Sales Rep[technical] code 2222/79.I have a Diploma and four more certificates within my business-cosmetics industry.Have fifteen years experience and at Management.I have had my assessment result today-said no as now need a Degree?? Both my husband and I have already been sponsored by Geelong,Victoria under the SIR visa class.

Enclosed with my 'negative'result was a leaflet on Skill matching visa.Do I not need to have a positive assessment to apply for this visa?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated,I have looked at the DIMIA site,nothing conclusive.

Thank you to anyone-form a disappointed family!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!! Vetassess said NO!!

Originally Posted by Amanda5
Have applied for skills assessment as Sales Rep[technical] code 2222/79.I have a Diploma and four more certificates within my business-cosmetics industry.Have fifteen years experience and at Management.I have had my assessment result today-said no as now need a Degree?? Both my husband and I have already been sponsored by Geelong,Victoria under the SIR visa class.

Enclosed with my 'negative'result was a leaflet on Skill matching visa.Do I not need to have a positive assessment to apply for this visa?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated,I have looked at the DIMIA site,nothing conclusive.

To get a skill assessment in a 50 point occupation from Vetassess, you need the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree. This is totally non-negotiable, Vetassess will not accept work experience in lieu.

You could probably get a 40 point skill assessment but this may not give you the points for SIR. You can only get a Skill Matching sponsorship if your job is on the state shortage list and they agree to sponsor you.

You should consider getting professional advice to see if there are any options you have missed. Should you find an employer in regional Australia keen to hire you for a diploma level occupation or higher, the RSMS visa would be the obvious solution.

Jeremy
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:08 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

My advice would be to get in touch with Alan Collett at www.gomatilda.com who would be able to help and advise you.

Rob

Originally Posted by Amanda5

Old Jul 30th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

We went with global visas and got our skill assessment with Vetassess 1st time so try global visas
Vicki & Billy
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda5 will become famous soon enoughAmanda5 will become famous soon enough

Thanks to you all above for your replies.The really annoying thing is I qualified as a Hairdresser approx 16 years ago-if I had my certicificates I d be in!! Have tried to trace via college to no avail.
Will keep trying though!
The dream goes on!