Help !! TRA Unsuccessful

Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

jonanfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help !! TRA Unsuccessful

Hello all, looking for a shoulder and advice.
Have just received our skills assessment outcome and it has been deemed unsuccessful, (head right mixed up).

Here goes, bear with me,
I got an HND in Furniture Craftsmanship in 2002, since then have worked as a wood machinist. I am now working as a cabinet maker and so applied for my assessment to TRA.
When i applied I left the assessed occupation blank as i thought this would cover both fields (cabinet maker and wood machinist) one way or the other but my outcome letter states the following;

My HND is acknowledged as suitable formal training for the occupation of cabinet maker ,my work evidence is suitable as on the job training and subsequent experience, but they cant be ruled together as one occupation and so cant be established as any Pathway passage.
The letter also says that i was only assessed as a cabinet maker but it was my understanding i would be assessed in all relevant occupations so i feel i should also been tested under wood machinist as my HND covers this area.

I guess i am looking for help ior advice on my next move, I plan to wait up tonight to phone the TRA Enquiry line and speak to someone.

Has anyone had a similar experience ?
Has anyone any ideas on how the review works ?

Sorry for the long winded story and I would be grateful for any feedback.

Cheers
JON
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help !! TRA Unsuccessful

Hi Jon,
sorry can't help with your specific trade but don't give up yet.
I failed my TRA assessment the first time.
Pay attention to what is said in the assessment letter, you might see where or if you could have supplied some more relevant info to the skill sets to be assessed on.
Seek the advice or engage an agent if you can afford one as they have the experience in guiding applicants through, there have been many recommendations for the agents that post on the forum.

It's a great feeling when you finally get the successful letter, even though sometimes it feels like a money making scheme having to pay again to be re-assessed.

Hope it works out for you.

Johnnyyt
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I failed my TRA the first time round. I emailed the Feedback address for a more detailed account of what the problem was and also went to an Australian Expo in Manchester and had a chat with the TRA Representitive there.

I passed on the second attempt and received my visa a month ago, so don't be too disheartened. Just look upon it as a blip!

Good luck!!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Hey Jon

I would contact these an agent straight away before you ring them yourself.
There are a few knocking around here you could try.

We used these guys http://www.australianmigrations.com.au/ and i sailed through my TRA first time. Best to make sure it is done right next time instead of having another go yourself.

Any way best of luck

Paddy
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

jonanfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Help !! TRA Unsuccessful

Alright there ,

Thanks for your replies, i'll certainly take some heed, and not phone the night, i'd probably say or do something daft anyway. It's good to know about successful attempts guys. Stevie G, i'm gonna gi them a wee e-mail like you suggested mate, just for an initial response and then i'll take it from there. If i feel i'm still at a loss i'll go for an agent an hope for the best.

But cheers again an best o luck to yous whatever yous do.
Jon