Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help: state sponsorship and Skills assessment

Help: state sponsorship and Skills assessment

Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

mrhetnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help: state sponsorship and Skills assessment

Hi there

Can anyone can help me?

can I lodge my state sponsorship application before I get my skills assessment result ? by the way how much does it cost to lodge my state sponsorship application ?

thanks lot

mthetnt
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Canadka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help: state sponsorship and Skills assessment

State sponsorship is free and you do not have to get your skills assessment done when applying for SS. Basically, nothing to lose situation. Good luck!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrhetnt
Hi there

Can anyone can help me?

can I lodge my state sponsorship application before I get my skills assessment result ? by the way how much does it cost to lodge my state sponsorship application ?

thanks lot

mthetnt

Hi
No you can't apply for state sponsorship without Poistive assessment Result.

Dhama
Old Feb 20th 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mrhetnt
Hi there

Can anyone can help me?

thanks lot

mthetnt
You can apply in few states for SS without Skill Assessment but you have to provide that when State Migration Department will ask you. But mostly states are required at the time of application lodgement.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:12 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
You can apply in few states for SS without Skill Assessment but you have to provide that when State Migration Department will ask you. But mostly states are required at the time of application lodgement.
Which are the states that you can apply for SS with prior to having a skills assessment?

And
State sponsorship is free and you do not have to get your skills assessment done when applying for SS. Basically, nothing to lose situation. Good luck!
It is not free in all states and seeing as at least one state started charging quite some months ago, others may have followed.

You'll be best to look at the individiual state you're considering, links under eligibility on a 176 visa or look in eighth bracket of links on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm

Be aware though that the state nomination scene is going to change with the introduction of State Migration Plans [ SMPs] making it a two tier arrangement, an application via a SMP scheduled to be a Priority 2 in place of the CSL.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
Which are the states that you can apply for SS with prior to having a skills assessment?

And

It is not free in all states and seeing as at least one state started charging quite some months ago, others may have followed.

You'll be best to look at the individiual state you're considering, links under eligibility on a 176 visa or look in eighth bracket of links on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm

Be aware though that the state nomination scene is going to change with the introduction of State Migration Plans [ SMPs] making it a two tier arrangement, an application via a SMP scheduled to be a Priority 2 in place of the CSL.
I thought one had to have a skills assessment before applying How can one be considered for sponsorship without one? Also, iv noticed at least one state (cant remember sorry and cant be bothered looking at mo) charge AU$200!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wilson01
I thought one had to have a skills assessment before applying How can one be considered for sponsorship without one? Also, iv noticed at least one state (cant remember sorry and cant be bothered looking at mo) charge AU$200!
I know application for VIC SS is free and it doesn't require a skill assessment. All they ask is to upload your CV and other professional certifications if applicable.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Canadka
I know application for VIC SS is free and it doesn't require a skill assessment. All they ask is to upload your CV and other professional certifications if applicable.
Like i said, i cant remember but it may have been WA However, are you sure about your last statement that Victoria doesnt require a skills assessment? I think you may need to look at Victoria's SS requirements again

https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.a...a-applications
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

This link shows what one needs when applying for 176 Visa, i.e. documents to submit to DIAC.
Here's the info from VIC FAQ page https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.a...hip-and-visas:
"Can I lodge my sponsorship application without my skill assessment?
We do not require a skill assessment at the time of lodgement and will advise you if and when it is required. If you have already obtained a skill assessment then you may attach this to your application
."
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canadka
This link shows what one needs when applying for 176 Visa, i.e. documents to submit to DIAC.
Here's the info from VIC FAQ page https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.a...hip-and-visas:
"Can I lodge my sponsorship application without my skill assessment?
We do not require a skill assessment at the time of lodgement and will advise you if and when it is required. If you have already obtained a skill assessment then you may attach this to your application
."
assessment if it is required to proceed further with your application.

Do you need my skill assessment to approve my state sponsorship application?
In most cases a skill assessment will be required before state sponsorship can be finalised and we will advise you if and when we require it.

Agreed (just read through FAQ). But they will inevitably request a skills assessment before a decision can be made. With so many applying for SS at the moment my advice would be to include skills assessment (yes! I know that post did not ask for that advice, however, I am just stating my opinion and now through both of our contributions they can make a more informed decision)
Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:23 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wilson01
assessment if it is required to proceed further with your application.

Do you need my skill assessment to approve my state sponsorship application?
In most cases a skill assessment will be required before state sponsorship can be finalised and we will advise you if and when we require it.

Agreed (just read through FAQ). But they will inevitably request a skills assessment before a decision can be made. With so many applying for SS at the moment my advice would be to include skills assessment (yes! I know that post did not ask for that advice, however, I am just stating my opinion and now through both of our contributions they can make a more informed decision)
I agree it certainly makes sense to have your skills assessment prior to lodging an application.
Even though someone still awaiting their assessment could try and save a little time using the allowance Victoria [ and any other states ] make it could be a marginal, negilble or negative saving for:
1. Any application cannot be fully assessed until the application is complete
2. It may not even get to the consideration stage before your skills assessment.
3. Depending on how good their admin./filing system is, could even be time lost in matching documents up.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

zeshanzee786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can Anyone help me to understand what Financial Statement means, i,e will they verify A$ mentioned in statement portion of Vic Application?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by zeshanzee786
Can Anyone help me to understand what Financial Statement means, i,e will they verify A$ mentioned in statement portion of Vic Application?
You'll find that some DIAC applications as well as SS will have requirements for stating financial position or giving a statement to that effect and it is more that the authorities would like to see that applicants will have a reasonable means of self support, for immigration and settling in costs can be substantial.
If someone in an application indicates nothing at all, or minimal funds a state may take that into account in deciding on whether to sponsor or not.
I've not checked all states of late but it could be that some do give an indication of desired minimal funds available for I have read occasionally of a figure of $20,000 being mentioned.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:16 am
Just Joined

zeshanzee786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks dear
Will they verify the amount I will mention in Application? means they will ask for bank statement etc for proof or not?

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
You'll find that some DIAC applications as well as SS will have requirements for stating financial position or giving a statement to that effect and it is more that the authorities would like to see that applicants will have a reasonable means of self support, for immigration and settling in costs can be substantial.
If someone in an application indicates nothing at all, or minimal funds a state may take that into account in deciding on whether to sponsor or not.
I've not checked all states of late but it could be that some do give an indication of desired minimal funds available for I have read occasionally of a figure of $20,000 being mentioned.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeshanzee786
Thanks dear
Will they verify the amount I will mention in Application? means they will ask for bank statement etc for proof or not?
From Victoria's SS website

Be committed to living and working in Victoria.
The Victorian Government will consider whether you have sufficient funds to establish yourself and your family (where applicable) in Victoria while you seek employment. It will also consider any connections you have with Victoria through family, friends, previous travel, study or employment.

Based on the above words, I believe it would be fair to assume that they will require some proof.