help required from the experts!!!

Old Sep 11th 2003, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

rarejunk_in is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help required from the experts!!!

I had signed a service contract with my agent and given all relevant documents in India on july 9th. I was told they take 10 days to do their internal review and then would be sent to ACS.

I have called them many times till now, but their consistent reply is that we have sent your file to ACS and they are yet to revert.
I asked them for the acknowledgement receipt or a reference file number. They say its with their corporate office in a different city and those details would not be given to clients, since they have had problems with old clients contacting ACS directly.

They told that the ACS sends acknowlegement not on the day they have received application and only when they open the file.
The agent tells me that the ACS has acknowledged only in the first week of september.

1) Is this normal that ACS sends acknowledgement so late even after a month?

2) Should I fight with my agent and get the reference number or a copy of the acknowldgement letter?

3) Incase I need it, the agent says i have to give in written form that incase the ACS rejects, I shouldnt ask them for a refund.

4) The only thing they have advised me so far is to sit back and wait indefinetely.

Iam really frustrated as Iam expecting only a feedback response for what money I have paid them. Its been more than 2 months since I gave papers to the agent, and she says cooly today on the phone that it will take another 10 weeks.

Pls any opinions/suggestions.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 12:20 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help required from the experts!!!

Originally posted by rarejunk_in
2) Should I fight with my agent and get the reference number or a copy of the acknowldgement letter?
rj,

Out of curiosity, who is your agent?

Peter
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

comments from some senior members please???
or some agents??
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:08 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

comments from some senior members please???
or some agents??
If you're in the mood giving some answers:

1. Who is your agent (again)?
2. Is your agent registered?

Peter
Old Sep 13th 2003, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

loupyloutoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rare....

didn't go through an agent, we did it ourselves, and are awaiting the outcome....however, they did send me a refernece number a week after I posted it....I was told at the post Office that it'd take 7 days to reach Oz, so that would have been right...they took their fees the following weekl, which is when I assume they looked at it, as they needed to top get the credit card details!

I'm waiting on tender hooks now....its been 5 weeks.

Hopefully you will get a number soon....your agent sounds like he's evading the question....is he reputable??
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

HI Peter,

www.worldvisas.com - they are my agent

Regards,
RJ
Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:02 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point

www.worldvisas.com - they are my agent
RJ,
This particular agent is not a MARA registered agent, so can't vouch for their ability. Only MARA registered agents are authorised to provide immigration assisstance. Only two agents (Douglas ritchie and KS adityan) are registered agents in INDIA.

Can't believe so many potential immigrants are falling for un-authorised agents in India.

Gordon
Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:12 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point

I had signed a service contract with my agent and given all relevant documents in India on july 9th. I was told they take 10 days to do their internal review and then would be sent to ACS.

I have called them many times till now, but their consistent reply is that we have sent your file to ACS and they are yet to revert.
I asked them for the acknowledgement receipt or a reference file number. They say its with their corporate office in a different city and those details would not be given to clients, since they have had problems with old clients contacting ACS directly.

They told that the ACS sends acknowlegement not on the day they have received application and only when they open the file.
The agent tells me that the ACS has acknowledged only in the first week of september.

1) Is this normal that ACS sends acknowledgement so late even after a month?

3) Incase I need it, the agent says i have to give in written form that incase the ACS rejects, I shouldnt ask them for a refund.

4) The only thing they have advised me so far is to sit back and wait indefinetely.

Iam really frustrated as Iam expecting only a feedback response for what money I have paid them. Its been more than 2 months since I gave papers to the agent, and she says cooly today on the phone that it will take another 10 weeks.

Pls any opinions/suggestions.
Dump your agent(worldvisas) as soon as you receive your ACS assessment. As I mentioned in another reply to this thread that they are not authorised agents.

Some of the very good immigration agents post in this forum( George Lombard, Steven O' Neil , Jeremy Jenkins) . They can help you in your immigration plans in a very professional and prompt manner.

All the best

Gordon
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:21 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by gordon_flash
Can't believe so many potential immigrants are falling for un-authorised agents in India.
FG,

People should ideally do some basic research before parting with their hard-earned money when hiring agents.

Unfortunately, not everyone is as cautious and careful when engaging an agent, so cases of un-registered agents being hired remain more frequent than desired.

Presently, Australian law does not permit non-Australians or Australian permanent visa holders who do not presently reside in Australia to register as Australian migration agents.

As a rule of thumb, people should check the MARA register at http://www.themara.com.au/ before deciding on an agent.

Peter
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

yes, I would love to dump them as you say. But I have signed a legal contract with them for the entire process. I dont think its possible to break the contract, Isnt It???

Regards,
RJ

Originally posted by gordon_flash
Dump your agent(worldvisas) as soon as you receive your ACS assessment. As I mentioned in another reply to this thread that they are not authorised agents.

Some of the very good immigration agents post in this forum( George Lombard, Steven O' Neil , Jeremy Jenkins) . They can help you in your immigration plans in a very professional and prompt manner.

All the best

Gordon