Help with points for qualification

Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Gatecrasher1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with points for qualification

Ok so i need some clarity here, when i first read the points test it says

You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation.

right so i thought that was basically my skill assessment am i right in thinking this because i started my eoi and can't quite see what i put under qualifications it makes no sense, i have received my otsr from tra which states that i met the technical requirements of UEE30811 certificate 111 in electrotechnolagy electrician, but to get my cert i have to do gap training, so does this mean i have a recognised qualification or not?

can i claim 10 points for this? if so what exactly do i put in the qualifications section of the eoi, do i put this or my uk certs as my skills assessment says nothing of them, if i put down my skills assessment it asks for dates from and to, but it was only 1 day it won't let me put 1 day, if its my certs from home how do i get them recognised i can't even remember exactly where or when i took my course.

i will be gutted if I've read this wrong as i have managed to get 60 points by
age 30
ielts 20
then i presumed this assessment got me 10, if it doesn't i have to go with my back up to a bad ielts score which was claiming 10 points for work experience which just seems like a massive massive pain in the ass being self employed.

can someone please clarify if my tea counts or not. cheers
Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with points for qualification

I didn't understand most of your post so can't help sorry, but you don't get points for skills assessment. Skills assessment is just something everyone needs to do, but it does not have any points attached to it.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I didn't understand most of your post so can't help sorry, but you don't get points for skills assessment. Skills assessment is just something everyone needs to do, but it does not have any points attached to it.
You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation

so what does that mean?
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gatecrasher1
You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation

so what does that mean?
What qualifications did you show to gain the OTSR from Vetassess? Trade quals are 10 points I think, as are diplomas and UK ones recognised for OTSR are same category I think (I had 10 points for HNC)
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:25 am
Just Joined

city and guild level 3 in electrical installation, and some work experience. none of this is mentioned on my skill assessment though. and what exactly do they class as trade qualifications as i don't have nvq but then i was accepted for skill assessment.
it wasn't vatassess it was future skills international
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

so what does that mean?
I have no idea, as I said, I could not make head nor tail of your post. I am just telling you that getting a positive skills assessment is a step in the process, but does not in itself attract points.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

city and guild level 3 in electrical installation, and some work experience. none of this is mentioned on my skill assessment though. and what exactly do they class as trade qualifications as i don't have nvq but then i was accepted for skill assessment.
it wasn't vatassess it was future skills international
None of them will be mentioned in the skills assessment - but you have to pass the paper test before they let you do the practical so you must have supplied some quals - if in doubt try a good MARA agent, or ask for advice from future skills.

Have you already taken IELTS?
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
None of them will be mentioned in the skills assessment - but you have to pass the paper test before they let you do the practical so you must have supplied some quals - if in doubt try a good MARA agent, or ask for advice from future skills.

Have you already taken IELTS?

ye i have passed the paperwork test then the practical and i have superior on my ielts

I can still get 60 points but proving work experience is a complete pain when self employed I easily have 5 yrs but proving it isn't something i wanted to do. when asked about qualifications what did you put in there?
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:36 am

ye i have passed the paperwork test then the practical and i have superior on my ielts

I can still get 60 points but proving work experience is a complete pain when self employed I easily have 5 yrs but proving it isn't something i wanted to do. when asked about qualifications what did you put in there?
I put HNC and apprenticeship - and awarded 10 points as recognised for OTSR
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:44 am
Just Joined

so when they asked you to send in documents what did you then send in, just your otsr? did your otsr mention your hnc
the wording is just so vague it says

"You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation"

so ye I have a city any guild level 3 certificate in electrical installation it doesn't seem to give a minimum or anything, and this was taken into consideration for my otsr but how does diac know this?

i honestly am beginning to regret even bothering with it all, people here are struggling to find work, i have a job but chave to jump through hoops to stay
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:47 am

so when they asked you to send in documents what did you then send in, just your otsr? did your otsr mention your hnc
the wording is just so vague it says

"You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation"

so ye I have a city any guild level 3 certificate in electrical installation it doesn't seem to give a minimum or anything, and this was taken into consideration for my otsr but how does diac know this?

i honestly am beginning to regret even bothering with it all, people here are struggling to find work, i have a job but chave to jump through hoops to stay
My OTSR is probably similar to yours - I sent OTSR as you need it to prove skills assessment, HNC and indentures
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:52 am
Just Joined

so ye i can send my city and guilds but how do i know if thats enough for 10 points, it just states trade qualification, which it is.

I'm annoyed because my eoi was going today and now i have to wait till monday to speak to future skills diac and a migration assistant, pain in the arse haha
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:59 am
Just Joined

its this
"You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority"
Old Mar 29th 2014, 11:00 am

so ye i can send my city and guilds but how do i know if thats enough for 10 points, it just states trade qualification, which it is.

I'm annoyed because my eoi was going today and now i have to wait till monday to speak to future skills diac and a migration assistant, pain in the arse haha
Your C&G was recognised as relevant to your occupation or you wouldn't have got OTSR. From points test on 189 visa

You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

cheers for the replies, ill wait to see if anyone else confirms this then ill speak to someone monday, seems things like this always happen to me on a weekend when i can't get it sorted.