Help plz, starting New 175 application

Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road
Default Help plz, starting New 175 application

Hi All,

Sorry for long list of queries, I think this could save the space and i would not need to start new thread for all questions again.

1. I want to do 175 application myself, is it so difficult, I am asking this as lot of people do 176 their own but chose agent for 175 application. Actually I am not at all impresed by the services of my agent, he is getting delayed my process as he has lot of load.

2. Does any one know how to terminate the agent, I read by using form 956 & Form 1193 this can be done (how this works and from where I can get them), how will I come to know that my agent has been canceled out and how much time it took (I haven't started the application process yet, so should I start it when I am confirmed).

3. Which mode of application lodgment is better(Paperbased or Online), personally I would like to apply online but I haen't got the Credit Card limit upto 2525$, is their any way out, can I send DD for online application.
If unluckily i couldn't go with Online, would I be able to check my paperbased application status anyhow. How the communication is made in paperbased mode application.

4. On my ACS letter the agent Address is mentioned, would it harm in future if i canceled out my agent and also If i got the copy of my ACS now, will it be sufficient or i will need original ACS letter.

5. What documents i would need for the 175 application, If I go with paperbased application, would i need to send any document in Original or all documents photocopies duly notarized are to be send (in case of B/w).

Any further suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help plz, starting New 175 application

Filling in the 175 form is not particulaarly difficult and in any case you will need to do it even if you have an agent, they don't tend to fill the forms in. I don't know why on earth you would think 176 easy and 175 hard, it would be more or less the same form except you have another step in the 176 process.

If you have not lodged the application yet then there is no need to use form 956 to cancel an agent. You will just need to sort that out with them personally. Pay them for services rendered so far and ask for all your documents to be returned to you, including your ACS skills assessment.

On line application would be my preference as you can see it has arrived and is in the system right away. You can also just upload colour scans of documents, if you do paperbased you will have to get all copies certified, even colour ones. If you are doing on-line then you need to pay online though. Perhaps you can borrow somebodys card, get a cc or split over two cc?

For monitoring, to be honest there is often not that much to look at even if you are on line. Little changes until the day you get your visa anyway, perhaps something will change if you get CO, but some CO don't update the online status anyway. So I think online is easier to do but would not worry too much about monitoring.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice

i tihnk i remember a post from you regarding the 175 subclass???

The decision to use an agent is a personal 1. I am using an agent as my case isnt straight forward. Wife and children etc with a few medical things to sort too. If i was on my own i definately would of done it on my own.

At this present time 175 applicants (unless on CSL) could have a very long wait to be processed. a lot of people switched to the 176 from 175 as last March SS visas were made priority though this changed in September.

If you have already "PAID" an agent to handle your case then all correspondence from the DIAC will go directly to them and not you so i would get that sorted before applying. If an application has not been made yet by an agent and you are doing it online just put yourself and your address/ contact details. though you have mentioned the ACS letter states the agent as point of contact???.

Paperbased or online......they both work but the paperbase takes longer for obvious reasons.

If you go to www.immi.gov.au and look in the visa section under 175 subclass independant skilled visa you will see exactly what is required. Meds and PCC's might be better left until asked for and even then its not certain it will be sorted in time.

Erco
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Erco - I am not sure I agree with a couple of things you have said here. First if the application is not lodged then why would correspondence from DIAC go to the agent. There won't be any correspondence if there is no application! The OP just needs to cancel the agent and if he has already passed over some things then he needs to ask for them back. Agents are bound to do so on a timely manner (assuming it is a registered agent) and OP has paid up for work to date. The other point is it is not at all obvious that an online application is slower. They are processed at the same rate.

Also the OP didn't actually ask about timings but there is not much difference between a 175 and 176 at the moment, whether it is a CSL app or not makes all the difference right now.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckily I have paid only upto ACS stage (the fees was split in 3 installments) and have not applied yet.
So I would need Form 1193,how this works and from where I can get it, how will I come to know that my agent has been canceled out and how much time it took (I haven't started the application process yet, so should I start it when I am confirmed).

That agent has got only my oriiginal ACS Letter nothing else, all notarized photocopies docs were provided for ACS, should I be worry for that letter, which I think he will not gonna give me back. Should I need to get change my address from ACS?

thx!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You would know the agent is cancelled by telling them! You don't need to fill in a form if the application is not lodged as I already mentioned. The agent is not going to waste his time lodging an app with DIAC on your behalf when you have not paid them to do so.

Insist that your ACS result is returned to you. They have no right to keep what belongs to you. If they are registered and you have trouble contact MARA.

Your situation sounds very like mine. I paid in three installments and decided to cancel after skills assessment and the agent refused to give me my result back. I got MARA involved and they got it back for me. PM me the name of your agent if you like, I wonder if it is the same one.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I see I am wasting my time here as I note from another thread you do have your ACS result.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Oh I see I am wasting my time here as I note from another thread you do have your ACS result.
Thx a lot for your valuable information , you haven't waisted your time, infact give me a intense needed guidence, I think you have missedout in reading the word "ORIGINAL" above in my post, they have my original ACS doc, and have given me the scan copy of it only, so should i go for the address changes on it or keep it intact.

Thx!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jovipk
Thx a lot for your valuable information , you haven't waisted your time, infact give me a intense needed guidence, I think you have missedout in reading the word "ORIGINAL" above in my post, they have my original ACS doc, and have given me the scan copy of it only, so should i go for the address changes on it or keep it intact.

Thx!
Then you contact the agent and tell them to send you the original. You paid for it; it's YOURS.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Having the copy is enough for doing an online app yourself if that is how you decide to proceed. But you should get the original back just so you have it and because it belongs to you. As do any other documents your agent may have. You are paid up, insist it is returned. Threaten to report to Mara if they are difficult and then do so if that doesn't work. MARA were brilliant. Absolutely could not have been better when I was in your situation (except I didn't even have a copy!)
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

BenJay will become famous soon enoughBenJay will become famous soon enough

My reply below:

1. I want to do 175 application myself, is it so difficult, I am asking this as lot of people do 176 their own but chose agent for 175 application. Actually I am not at all impresed by the services of my agent, he is getting delayed my process as he has lot of load.
If you haven't lodged your application through the agent yet, just pay them what you have to pay and fill in the application yourself. You can download the PDF version of the 175 form to give you the impression how it looks like. I agree with others in this thread and encourage you to apply for the visa on-line.

2. Does any one know how to terminate the agent, I read by using form 956 & Form 1193 this can be done (how this works and from where I can get them), how will I come to know that my agent has been canceled out and how much time it took (I haven't started the application process yet, so should I start it when I am confirmed).
Answer above. If your case is not complicated, you can do all the paperwork yourself. Most questions I had I have found answered in this forum.

3. Which mode of application lodgment is better(Paperbased or Online), personally I would like to apply online but I haven't got the Credit Card limit upto 2525$, is their any way out, can I send DD for online application.
If unluckily i couldn't go with Online, would I be able to check my paperbased application status anyhow. How the communication is made in paperbased mode application.
Definitely on-line. When you apply paperbased, they will have to scan all your documents and insert them into the system anyway. Probably that will make your waiting period even longer - at least the DIAC says that it 'may' be longer. Find a way to get your credit card limit increased.

4. On my ACS letter the agent Address is mentioned, would it harm in future if i canceled out my agent and also If i got the copy of my ACS now, will it be sufficient or i will need original ACS letter.
I do not think so. It is your assessment and not the agent's. I do not have much experience in such cases, but if the document belongs to you, it should be returned to you if the agent still has it.

5. What documents i would need for the 175 application, If I go with paperbased application, would i need to send any document in Original or all documents photocopies duly notarized are to be send (in case of B/w).
Search through this forum and the DIAC website. It is all answered in details.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:41 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

on number 4 - it is your right to hire different agents (or none at all) for the skills assessment and for the immigration case - no problem having one for the ACS case and going DIY with the DIAC
Old Dec 27th 2009, 7:54 am
Just Joined

winkeat74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenJay
My reply below:

If you haven't lodged your application through the agent yet, just pay them what you have to pay and fill in the application yourself. You can download the PDF version of the 175 form to give you the impression how it looks like. I agree with others in this thread and encourage you to apply for the visa on-line.

Answer above. If your case is not complicated, you can do all the paperwork yourself. Most questions I had I have found answered in this forum.

3. Which mode of application lodgment is better(Paperbased or Online), personally I would like to apply online but I haven't got the Credit Card limit upto 2525$, is their any way out, can I send DD for online application.
Definitely on-line. When you apply paperbased, they will have to scan all your documents and insert them into the system anyway. Probably that will make your waiting period even longer - at least the DIAC says that it 'may' be longer. Find a way to get your credit card limit increased.

I do not think so. It is your assessment and not the agent's. I do not have much experience in such cases, but if the document belongs to you, it should be returned to you if the agent still has it.

Search through this forum and the DIAC website. It is all answered in details.
I want to know whether I need to submit all my work experience reference to diac for 175 application or just submit up to 4 years latest work experience letter?
will diac verify my work experience for more than 4 years old? my first job company is closed and could not reach anymore and I has been there for 2 years.
I has almost 7 years work experience and for first two years job(first job) might not be verify by diac due to company closed, will this cause problem to me?
I from LR country and also CSL applicant.
I not submit yet but need your guys advise.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,

Online is the best method, 100% agree, but I dont have Credit Card, , I have a Foriegn currency Account in my country. Is their any other possible way to pay the Visa fees for it, like through SWIFT, Telegraphic Transfer etc. I cant use Internet Banking funds transfer as it's prohibited by our state Bank. This is the technology world, hope their could be a , I have also send a email to DIAC in this regard.

Thx!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

BenJay will become famous soon enoughBenJay will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by winkeat74
I want to know whether I need to submit all my work experience reference to diac for 175 application or just submit up to 4 years latest work experience letter?
will diac verify my work experience for more than 4 years old? my first job company is closed and could not reach anymore and I has been there for 2 years.
I has almost 7 years work experience and for first two years job(first job) might not be verify by diac due to company closed, will this cause problem to me?
I from LR country and also CSL applicant.
I not submit yet but need your guys advise.
In order to be eligible for the 175 Visa, the professional skills you have need to be first positively assessed by the approved assessing body.

From the DIAC website:
You must obtain a positive skills assessment before you lodge your application for this visa. This is an evaluation of your qualifications to make sure that you are sufficiently qualified for your nominated occupation.
Important: The skills assessment must be performed by the approved assessing body for your nominated skilled occupation. Contact details for these assessing bodies can be found in the Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI) website.

Link to this website: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...assessment.htm

I work in IT and I got a positive assesment from the ACS. However, I had to report 10 years of experience to be eligible for their Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

I do not know what is your profession but you have to make sure that your 7 years of experience is enough. You can find out about it from the appropriate website of the assessing organisation which is appropriate for your profession. Go to the website I have given above and it is all there explained.

It is worth noting that the DIAC only reviews your experience assessed by the assessing body. It is this 'body' which verifies and approves your experience to be sufficient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.