HELP PLEASE!! TRA assesment

Old Jul 17th 2005, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

stephanikka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP PLEASE!! TRA assesment

Hi everyone!
We are currently in the process of trying to migrate to Australia under the skilled visa.
Hubby is a carpenter and joiner.
My problem is this, they need an apprenticeship reference, my first problem is that my husband did his apprenticeship 25 years ago and the company no longer exists, so he has to self certify, which leads to my second problem, I have to write it coz he works non stop!
Please please please could someone help with this reference? I can do the other work related ones but I don't know the process of training and he can't remember what he was paid or what he was taught when, he just learned the job. He has his City and Guilds certificates but I just don't know how to start, or what to write.
I have 4 small kids at home with me so if you can help get one written I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: HELP PLEASE!! TRA assesment

Originally Posted by stephanikka
Hi everyone!
We are currently in the process of trying to migrate to Australia under the skilled visa.
Hubby is a carpenter and joiner.
My problem is this, they need an apprenticeship reference, my first problem is that my husband did his apprenticeship 25 years ago and the company no longer exists, so he has to self certify, which leads to my second problem, I have to write it coz he works non stop!
Please please please could someone help with this reference? I can do the other work related ones but I don't know the process of training and he can't remember what he was paid or what he was taught when, he just learned the job. He has his City and Guilds certificates but I just don't know how to start, or what to write.
I have 4 small kids at home with me so if you can help get one written I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks
Hi,

We are in the same position as you!! i am a joiner and we are considering using an agent for the TRA assessment because i have been self employed for the last 2 years. I will try and help you with the training bit tho, my apprenticeship started when i left school at 16 and finished 3 and a half years later. the 1st year i was paid YTS money £27.30(WOW!!) 2nd year i paid 50 % of full pay 3rd year i was paid 75% and the last 6 months 90% of full pay until i completed a CITB skills test( your husband probably didn't have to do this)
Training; i did 6 months in a joiners shop manufacturing window frames and doors. 2 years on a site learning the process of house building from start to finish ie setting out footings throu to second fix. 1 year on a maintenance depot carrying out maintenance to council properties and schools and carrying out refurbishments to these, during these 3 and a half years i went to college block release, city and guilds took 2 years and city and guilds advanced craft took one year.
i have read that you need to put in as much technical details as possible, so try and lasoo your husband to write some down for you!!!

i hope this has been some help! good luck

Steve
Old Jul 17th 2005, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

stephanikka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP PLEASE!! TRA assesment

Originally Posted by jacknat
Hi,

We are in the same position as you!! i am a joiner and we are considering using an agent for the TRA assessment because i have been self employed for the last 2 years. I will try and help you with the training bit tho, my apprenticeship started when i left school at 16 and finished 3 and a half years later. the 1st year i was paid YTS money £27.30(WOW!!) 2nd year i paid 50 % of full pay 3rd year i was paid 75% and the last 6 months 90% of full pay until i completed a CITB skills test( your husband probably didn't have to do this)
Training; i did 6 months in a joiners shop manufacturing window frames and doors. 2 years on a site learning the process of house building from start to finish ie setting out footings throu to second fix. 1 year on a maintenance depot carrying out maintenance to council properties and schools and carrying out refurbishments to these, during these 3 and a half years i went to college block release, city and guilds took 2 years and city and guilds advanced craft took one year.
i have read that you need to put in as much technical details as possible, so try and lasoo your husband to write some down for you!!!

i hope this has been some help! good luck

Steve
Thanks you've been a great help!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 7:34 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP PLEASE!! TRA assesment

As per PMs earlier, I have emailed you a load of useful stuff!

Claire
x