Help please on info required

Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Help please on info required

Please can anybody help me?
I've had a mail from case officer this morning asking for references for spouse for all places he worked, duties performed and what period. However these were all attached on headed paper for every job he did with the main app. Anyone had anything similar? I can't understand why I'd be asked for these again. And now I'm panicking!!!
Cheers
Jayne
Old Feb 20th 2004, 8:50 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please on info required

Originally posted by JayneS
Please can anybody help me?
I've had a mail from case officer this morning asking for references for spouse for all places he worked, duties performed and what period. However these were all attached on headed paper for every job he did with the main app. Anyone had anything similar? I can't understand why I'd be asked for these again. And now I'm panicking!!!
Cheers
Jayne
Did the reference letters that were originally sent to DIMIA contain what DIMIA required? If you read the Skilled Migration Booklet, you will find a page devoted to what's required as proof of working experience.

Peter
Old Feb 20th 2004, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi Peter, they did yes. They were very detailed and I worked from booklet 6 - payslips were sent with them. The thing is in the original letter I received they asked for meds and educational qualifications - I asked a question about the qualifications and then got a mail back not mentioning the qualifications but asking for references!!
Lord knows!
I might just resend the references when I send the marksheets from qualifications.
Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

Hi Jayne

My other half has also been asked to prove more of his work experience as he is self employed - we also sent references - I have now looked closely at a letter they have sent and it says that all letters must be clearlly signed with the name and position printed below and dates have to be very clear etc. I am sure you did this, but I remember when we sent his off, for instance the Inland Revenue didn't sign, but do DIMIA really know what red tape you have to go through to get these things and his accountant signed on behalf of the company rather than an individual at the company! how petty, but anyway our future is in their hands so we have to do what they want if we can!!

I tried today to get a letter from the bank stating when he opened his business account etc and said could they get his business manager at the bank to sign it and put his name - they said no way, it is a standard letter that details are just changed for each person - fat lot of good in DIMIA's eyes!!

Good Luck
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks very much for that poppy!
It really is a pain isn't it.
The thing is there was no mention of the references in the letter it was just qualifications - I query it and now it's just references no mention of qualifications?
I also asked if I needed Oz police check as I lived there 10 months and not 12 and have been told - yes you must do them as you were there 12 months.
I wasn't! I promise!