HELP! Partner Visa to Australia

Old Jan 13th 2014, 1:07 am
Just Joined

troubledone is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy HELP! Partner Visa to Australia

Hi,

I have registered and asking the question on behalf of a couple of friends. They do not want to disclose their details as it may cause further issues. My friend is an Australian Citizen and has been in UK since April 2013. This is where he met his now girlfriend. She is separated from her husband and has 3 kids. The father is not the most supportive and never helps out with the kids. I am unsure of the exact relationship between the kids and their dad at this stage. They are very sure that if they go to get the dad's permission to move, he would not agree to it.

My friend is returning to Australia in September 2014 for good and wishes for her and the kids to move over eventually as well. Can you please assist on what they need to do or what their options are?
Old Jan 13th 2014, 1:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Partner Visa to Australia

Originally Posted by troubledone
Hi,

I have registered and asking the question on behalf of a couple of friends. They do not want to disclose their details as it may cause further issues. My friend is an Australian Citizen and has been in UK since April 2013. This is where he met his now girlfriend. She is separated from her husband and has 3 kids. The father is not the most supportive and never helps out with the kids. I am unsure of the exact relationship between the kids and their dad at this stage. They are very sure that if they go to get the dad's permission to move, he would not agree to it.

My friend is returning to Australia in September 2014 for good and wishes for her and the kids to move over eventually as well. Can you please assist on what they need to do or what their options are?
I don't think it looks very likely, but your friends should contact an experienced MARA agent for the best advice
Old Jan 13th 2014, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The visa application is possibly the easy part, if they have been living together as man and wife that is.

The hard part is getting permission to remove the children (which would need to be done first). Either the father gives permission or they have will have to go to court. Would suggest they sound the father out and if he says no, decide if they are prepared to fight it in court and if so find a family solicitor.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 1:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your friend will need to get the father to agree to let the children move to Australia before you even start thinking about which visas to apply for. Failure to do so could lead to the mother being charged with child abduction.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/protecting...-abduction-law

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrig...e-country.html
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

troubledone is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your assistance. I will pass this on to my friends