Help needed

Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed

Hi,

My wife is a British qualified dental nurse who has a Australian dental practice in Queensland asking her to come and work for them.
They are willing to do anything they can to help her.
But i know dental nurse is not on the SOL.
Does anybody know of any way around that, even if it is just a temp visa.

Thankyou for any advice or info.

Sean
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice
Smile Re: Help needed

Sean i don't know if this will be any help but my sister is a pharmacy technician and her job was not on the SOL list either, she managed to get an interview when we were visiting there in April and got offered the job on the spot and they helped her apply for a 457 employee sponsor visa, the company had to prove to the government that no australian could do that particular job and she was not taking a job that an australian person could do....from being offered the job in mid April they emigrated to brisbane area on 4th june, ask ur wife to speak with the company in question and get them to look into the 457 route

Lorraine
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice

Forgot to mention that the 457 is a temporary visa although after 2 yrs u can apply for permanent residency
Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by xLaLax
Forgot to mention that the 457 is a temporary visa although after 2 yrs u can apply for permanent residency
Not true. You still need either a skill on the SOL or an employer sponsored PR application. The 457 is temporary and is not a pathway to permanent residence.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not true. You still need either a skill on the SOL or an employer sponsored PR application. The 457 is temporary and is not a pathway to permanent residence.
Hi,
Thanks for the replys.

So if its not on the sol, then its a no, no.
No way round it then.

Sean
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Sean I have spoken with my sister and she has looked into this fully and she has been informed that once she has been there as a temporary resident for 2 years she can apply for permanent residency and this works on a points system and may also need her employer to sponsor her to become one.....just passing on information that may be helpful to you
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xLaLax
Sean I have spoken with my sister and she has looked into this fully and she has been informed that once she has been there as a temporary resident for 2 years she can apply for permanent residency and this works on a points system and may also need her employer to sponsor her to become one.....just passing on information that may be helpful to you
And who informed her of that? Was it the employer who said after she had worked there for 2 years he would sponsor her for PR? Simply holding a 457 is not a pathway to a permanent resident visa. The 457 is a temporary visa only. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions_

I think the OP should take a read of the DIAC site for definitive information, or speak to a registered migration agent about what his options might be. Without an occupation on the SOL it is very difficult for someone to get a PR visa.

Last edited by Dorothy; Sep 14th 2009 at 10:18 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

And who informed her of that? Was it the employer who said after she had worked there for 2 years he would sponsor her for PR? Simply holding a 457 is not a pathway to a permanent resident visa. The 457 is a temporary visa only. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions_

I think the OP should take a read of the DIAC site for definitive information, or speak to a registered migration agent about what his options might be. Without an occupation on the SOL it is very difficult for someone to get a PR visa.
Dorothy,

I guess xLaLax is talking about Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856) visa where there are few relaxation compared to other visa's but still have a lot of eligibility binding with it as other visa's. I've also heard about this visa where we can get some relaxation if you have worked for 2 years on 457(one of the qualifying visa's as mentioned on DIAC site).

Sean,
Please go through below link and look whether it helps.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-856.htm

Cheers....
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Although there is a distinction between the SOL and ENS-SOL, and RSMS normally accepts any occupation at diploma/trade level or above.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:30 pm
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice

I would definitely say there is a "pathway" from 457 to 856. Especially considering that the 457 is a Qualifying visa for the 856 application.

The benefit of being on the 457 for 2 years is that if you go down the ENS - 856 route, you dont need to complete a skills assessment, which can save you time, money and heartache if you aren't "officially" qualified but can do the job.

The points test is only relevant to General Skills Migration. There is no points test for 856.

It will depend on your wifes qualifications, duties and experience to determine whether she is a Dental Nurse or a Dental Technician, Technicians are eligable Nurses are not. Dental Technicians have to be registered.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

I had NSW Health willing to sponsor me as a Dental Nurse. Immigration could not grant a visa due to non-eligibility. I had to turn the job down. This was last year, I don't think things have changed.