Help with meds needed!!!

Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

hemant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with meds needed!!!

Hey friends,
I am going to apply for 175 visa (online application). I learnt from this forum that after applying online, I would be able to download form 26EH and 160EH needed for medical appointment. Now how should I proceed?

1) What all is required to take an appointment with the doctor?
1) Should I fill those 2 forms and give to the doctor who is going to do the test?
2) What should I do with the reports? Should I receive it from the doctor and then scan it and upload in the upload area of online application?
3) what happens with the form 26 and 160?

Your help is appreciated.....
Old Dec 9th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help with meds needed!!!

Originally Posted by hemant
Hey friends,
I am going to apply for 175 visa (online application). I learnt from this forum that after applying online, I would be able to download form 26EH and 160EH needed for medical appointment. Now how should I proceed?

1) Should I fill those 2 forms and give to the doctor who is going to do the test?
2) What should I do with the reports? Should I receive it from the doctor and then scan it and upload in the upload area of online application?
3) what happens with the form 26 and 160?

Your help is appreciated.....
when you download the forms you'll find their pretty self explanatory... basically there is a part you have to fill in prior to the appointment, a second part to fill in in front of the doctor and a thrid part for the doc to complete.

Form 160 is for the xrays and form 26 for the medicals. you need to get xrays done first and take the xrays and the sealed report to your doc. also need passports at both.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

hemant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey....I was under the impression that the X-rays will also be done by the doctor where I will be taking appoitment for medicals. Does this mean I'll need two appointments...one for Xray and other for general medical test?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice

Some places have facilities for x-ray in the same venue. Where we are we have booked the x-ray seperately, a radiologist will complete the x-ray form and do the x-ray exam, then that's all sealed up. A panel doctor (there is a list somewhere of all doctors who are signed up to do these immigration medicals) will fill in the other form and do the medical examination. You'll also need blood tests as part of the medical.

'2) What should I do with the reports? Should I receive it from the doctor and then scan it and upload in the upload area of online application?'

I believe the doctor is responsible for ensuring that all relevant forms, x-rays and results get sent off to the LCU (?) processing place, they must arrived unopened.

I think that's about as much as I have gathered so far.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:35 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simpleton
Some places have facilities for x-ray in the same venue. Where we are we have booked the x-ray seperately, a radiologist will complete the x-ray form and do the x-ray exam, then that's all sealed up. A panel doctor (there is a list somewhere of all doctors who are signed up to do these immigration medicals) will fill in the other form and do the medical examination. You'll also need blood tests as part of the medical.

'2) What should I do with the reports? Should I receive it from the doctor and then scan it and upload in the upload area of online application?'

I believe the doctor is responsible for ensuring that all relevant forms, x-rays and results get sent off to the LCU (?) processing place, they must arrived unopened.

I think that's about as much as I have gathered so far.
We are currently waiting for hubbys IELTS result so we can apply for the 175 visa so we've not actually booked the medicals yet (sent off the PNC checks last month), we'll be arranging it as soon as we know about the IELTS score. I've had a look where the panel doctors are on the immigration website and i'm a bit confused about the following quote on their website:

"In most cases, you should attend a panel doctor first and, if an x-ray is required, the panel doctor will refer you to a panel radiologist. In some cases, however, you will be advised by the department that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application. In these instances, the department will supply you with a list of panel radiologists."

From reading the various threads on here it sounds like everyone has the x-ray done, do you think this is just precautionary to avoid delay in the event one is actually required?
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

You need to take your passports and the forms 26 and 160
2) Should I fill those 2 forms and give to the doctor who is going to do the test?
Yes
3) What should I do with the reports? Should I receive it from the doctor and then scan it and upload in the upload area of online application?
No, under no circumstances should the doctor give you the results. The doctor should send them in a sealed envelope by courier to the DIAC. He/She should have the address.
4) what happens with the form 26 and 160?
They form the basis of your results and will be sent to the DIAC (see above).

Hope that helps

Anne
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AHamm
You need to take your passports and the forms 26 and 160
2) Should I fill those 2 forms and give to the doctor who is going to do the test?
Yes
3) What should I do with the reports? Should I receive it from the doctor and then scan it and upload in the upload area of online application?
No, under no circumstances should the doctor give you the results. The doctor should send them in a sealed envelope by courier to the DIAC. He/She should have the address.
4) what happens with the form 26 and 160?
They form the basis of your results and will be sent to the DIAC (see above).

Hope that helps

Anne
Hi,

Small correction, Forms should be 26EH and 160EH. I think doctor should send the reports which includes form 26EH and 160EH along with X-Ray's to LCU Sydney.

Cheers
Naveen
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

26 and 160 are acceptable too though you're absolutely correct that the doctor should send them to LCU (part of DIAC).