Help - Medicals referred

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Help - Medicals referred

Hi All

Wondered if there was anybody in the know that could give us a bit of advice.

Just checked the evisa progress and the medicals for myself and the kids have come back finalised. My husbands have been referred. I know he has a line on his lung from an operation he had 19 years ago after having an operation for a congenital hernia (didn't show up until he collapsed when he was 21). The panel doctor asked me to supply all his medicals from this incident (which I did) and these notes said that he was left with scarring. They have also said his HIV results are referred as well even tho the doctor said all the bloods were good. Have they referred the bloods bcause the xrays weren't perfect? How long will the next part of the process take?

Please help as I am not at breaking point. I am supposed to start my new job on 24th July and panicking as the deadline is looming.

Everything up to now has been running so smoothly.

Debs
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:45 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help - Medicals referred

Don't panic too much... at least not yet. "Referred" simply means that the medicals have gone to a medical officer for them to have a look. This will happen with pretty much any medical result that isn't straightforward. If there is no problem with your husband's health, then it shouldn't take too long for his medicals to be finalised.

As far as I am aware, when somebody's medical results are referred, all parts of their examinations (HIV test, x-rays, etc) are shown as referred.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by saraliz
Don't panic too much... at least not yet. "Referred" simply means that the medicals have gone to a medical officer for them to have a look. This will happen with pretty much any medical result that isn't straightforward. If there is no problem with your husband's health, then it shouldn't take too long for his medicals to be finalised.

As far as I am aware, when somebody's medical results are referred, all parts of their examinations (HIV test, x-rays, etc) are shown as referred.
Thanks for that. Just a bit spooked as I seem to have hit a brick wall and things are out of my control. So far I have been able to get around everything that has been thrown at me or get ahead. At the moment, the case officer hasn't even got to my file. He has over 120 cases to deal with at the moment and mine is about 100. Until he gets to me he doesn't know what (if anything) extra is required for the medicals but will let me know as soon as he can.

The bloods were a bit of a shock but after speaking to the panel doctor, and him confirming they were clear, I let him come home last night (haha). Just waiting.

Do you know how long it will take for me to find out if further investigations are required?

Thanks

Debs
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser]Hi All

Just checked the evisa progress and the medicals for myself and the kids have come back finalised. My husbands have been referred.

Just a bit of an update. Been on the evisa update and the top line says hubbies medical requirements are finalised. the lines below still say referred to Australia tho. Does this mean he has been provisionally passed?

Debs
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:35 am
Jhannah

woody1cruiser Wrote:
    > > woody1cruiser Wrote:
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > >
    > > Just checked the evisa progress and the medicals for myself and the
    > > kids
    > > have come back finalised. My husbands have been referred.
    > >
    > > Just a bit of an update. Been on the evisa update and the top line
    > > says hubbies medical requirements are finalised. the lines below
    > > still
    > > say referred to Australia tho. Does this mean he has been
    > > provisionally passed?
    > >
    > > Debs
    > >
    > > --> >
    >
    > Mine said the same thing. Referred and Finalised at the same time
    > and stayed this way for 3 weeks. I was getting worried but when my
    > boyfriends meds finally arrived they said "received" and after a few
    > more days we were both approved for the visa (SIR visa - don't know
    > if it is the same timeline for yours). I think mine were referred
    > and then finalised but it happen too quickly for me to see the
    > separate website updates. I hear it only takes 24-48 hours for the
    > LCU to process the meds.
    >
    > -J
    >
    > --

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:28 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Woody1cruiser
Hope all goes well with the medicals. Sure it is just formalities.
Good luck,
J x