Help .... Medical Form 26

Old Jun 15th 2006, 12:11 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Question Help .... Medical Form 26

Hope someone can help.

I'm in the process of completing Form 26 and on question 15 it asks if I have ever had an operation or been admitted to hospital.

The only time I have been in hospital was aged 3 - tonsils removed and when I gave birth to my daughter. Do I still have to put these?

Not sure if these count.

Many thanks.

Ali
Old Jun 15th 2006, 12:13 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help .... Medical Form 26

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hope someone can help.

I'm in the process of completing Form 26 and on question 15 it asks if I have ever had an operation or been admitted to hospital.

The only time I have been in hospital was aged 3 - tonsils removed and when I gave birth to my daughter. Do I still have to put these?

Not sure if these count.

Many thanks.

Ali
Yes Ali, I put things down like an op I had when I was 11 years old and also when I had my wisdom teeth out. Didn't put down having children though.

Good luck.

Jackie x
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:42 pm
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope someone can help.

Not sure if these count.

Many thanks.

Ali
Hi Ali

We recently had our meds done (Dr Howarth in the west end of Newcastle) and went through the same sort of debate when we were running through the forms before visiting the doctor. I'd discuss it with the doc at the med appointment and take their advice on what to put down on the form.

All the best

Heading South
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:46 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Originally Posted by heading south
Hi Ali

We recently had our meds done (Dr Howarth in the west end of Newcastle) and went through the same sort of debate when we were running through the forms before visiting the doctor. I'd discuss it with the doc at the med appointment and take their advice on what to put down on the form.

All the best

Heading South
Many thanks, will do. I've booked our medicals in Middlesbrough for next month. How did you find your medicals? What sort of things did they ask/do?

Ali
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks, will do. I've booked our medicals in Middlesbrough for next month. How did you find your medicals? What sort of things did they ask/do?

Ali
I had the same when I was 16 - tonsils out. Put it down on the form. The doctor was really helpful and discussed any queries we had. (Also went with Dr. Howarth - marvellous man)
Lynne
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:41 pm
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point

Ali
Ali

It was pretty straightforward really. We went through the second part of the form, checking the bits we'd already written and then adding the bits that we'd waited to speak to him about. He added his comments in an undecipherable scribble. We had the usual attempt at working out how many units we drank a week (Hm) and my OH (who used to smoke and gave up a year ago) tried to work out how many cigs she smoked on average since she started back in god knows when. Then it was onto the examination part, which covered the usual poking and prodding, deep breaths while listening to the chest/heart area, testing of reflexes, saying ahh and coughing (me), breast exam (OH, obviously). There was an eye test and a look in the ears. We had to provide a urine sample, if I recall correctly and bloods were taken and that was that. In all it took less than half an hour for both of us. I don't know if this is of any help, but my OH had got a printout from our GP of our records, which was pretty useful for confirming dates that one or both of us have visited the GP for this or that. We all signed the forms and that was that. He then held onto the various forms and when the results of the bloods were done and he'd received the X-rays, he sent them all off to Sydney. I'd recommend to pay the extra to get the doc to send them by courier to the LCU in Sydney. You'll have paid quite a lot for the meds and so it's worth the extra few quid. He also gave us a call once all the results were in and gave us a very brief summary of our reports and let us know that all the paperwork and results were on their way to Sydney. We both passed our meds by the way.

Hope that's of some help. Let me know if you need anymore information.

Heading South
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:10 pm
We're here and it's fab

Many thanks - seems fairly straightforward.

The only problem I can foresee is my daughter. She has just turned 16 and nobody is allowed to see her in her underwear! I asked if there was a female doctor, but unfortunately they are all male. They assured me she needn't worry, but slightly concerned about the breast exam.

She's already said if she has to take her bra off she's not going!! Stubborn teenager. I won't tell her, just wait till we get there and see what happens.

Ali