Help me, I'm new

Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me, I'm new

Me, my OH and the kids have been considering emergrating to Australia for some time but never had enough money to start any of the processes until now. After much looking on websites and forums we decided now was the time BUT where do we start, my husband is a motor mechanic and after looking at several websites it says to fill out a TRA form but on other sites it says fill out a VETASSESS form which do I go for? (I would prefer the TRA as it is much cheaper than VETASSESS)

1)Do we use an agent or go it alone?
2)Do I go for a skilled independant visa or try for State Sponsorship?

any help would be much appreciated
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:09 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help me, I'm new

hello love and welcome to the madhouse and the daunting task of emigrating.

We are using an agent because we want to make sure we are doing everthing right and not mess it up at the last minute by forgetting something important.
which is usually the case with us!

Lots of people dont and save themselves a fortune ubut it is up to you.

There are people on here who can help if you go it alone, they alway come up with great advise and if they dont know the answer they will point you to someone who does.

As for the tra/vettass question i cant help you but try asking an agent, most will do a primary assesment for free and they will tell you what the best route for your family is.

There are lots of agents which have been praised on here. Do a search at the top of the page and look for yourself

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Originally Posted by lazylou123
Me, my OH and the kids have been considering emergrating to Australia for some time but never had enough money to start any of the processes until now. After much looking on websites and forums we decided now was the time BUT where do we start, my husband is a motor mechanic and after looking at several websites it says to fill out a TRA form but on other sites it says fill out a VETASSESS form which do I go for? (I would prefer the TRA as it is much cheaper than VETASSESS)

1)Do we use an agent or go it alone?
2)Do I go for a skilled independant visa or try for State Sponsorship?

any help would be much appreciated
Hi Lou

I can't really help just saying hi and to make you aware you will now become a BE addict!

My hubby is a baker we're applying on a 136modl failed the TRA 1st time so went with Go Matilda who have been great now waiting on the visa being granted.

If you get in contact with some of the agents they will give you an idea of what route to go down before you make any final decisions.

Elaine
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome to BE, And the roller coast ride that is Emigrating to Australia".

Your quite right, First of all you have to do a points test to see which visa options are available to you, most agents will have these on their websites, ours doesnt Im afraid but loads of teh lovely people on here could put you in the right direction Im sure, If you have 120 points it is well worth you looking into this very carefully, and even if you have as low as 70 there will be options available to you, But you would be best to discuss these with an expert.

Hubby passed his TRA as a Motor Mechanic back in June, However I now understand that TRA no longer assess UK Motor Mechanics, and VETASSES now do this. Im not sure of the specific changes but I think it now involves a practical test as well as all the theory and practical side you had to demonstrate with the TRA, Good luck, I hope you have the points, Its difficult to advise you further without knowing your points score, so it woul dbe best if you had a chat with an agent or somebody who has applied for the new 175.

Sorry I cant help much more but good luck, welcome and enjoy the forum, there are some lovely people on here more than happy to help and speak from experience if you have a query.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice, we have done the online assessments and got over the 120 points needed for a 175.