Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help me find Australia / New Zealand Immigration consultants in Mumbai (INDIA.)

Help me find Australia / New Zealand Immigration consultants in Mumbai (INDIA.)

Old Aug 18th 2003, 10:18 am
Just Joined

batra_sanjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me find Australia / New Zealand Immigration consultants in Mumbai (INDIA.)

Dear readers,

Please guide me to find immigration agents for Australia & New Zealand based in Mumbai (INDIA).

Thank you.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: Help me find Australia / New Zealand Immigration consultants in Mumbai (INDIA.)

Hi from NZ

There are 3 or 4 agents who I can think of in Mumbai, although others do exist.

Vipul Mehta, International Connections in Andheri
CanAchieve (not sure of location exactly)
Sunrise, in Andheri
***** (not sure of location exactly)

I think all of these do both NZ and Australia

Good luck

Let me know if you have problems with anyone and i'll try to find you alternatives

Good luck

Originally posted by batra_sanjay
Dear readers,

Please guide me to find immigration agents for Australia & New Zealand based in Mumbai (INDIA).

Thank you.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:20 pm

sk686 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help me find Australia / New Zealand Immigration consultants in Mumbai (INDIA.)

Dear readers,

Thank you.
batra_sanjay,

You may want to save yourself considerable pain by not hiring a MARA unregistered Migration Agent.

See my posts regarding Migration Agents here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=167567

The only two MARA registered agents in India are:

1. RITCHIE DOUGLAS JOHN

Phone : 91 44 642 0992
Address: 7 Waddels Road
Kilpauk
CHENNAI T. NADU
INDIA
Date most recently registered : 20 Jun 2002

2. ADITYAN KANNAN SUBRAMANIAM

Phone : 91 44 2445 7452
Fax : 91 44 2445 7454
Address: 28 Teachers Colony Kasthuribai Nagar
ADYAR
CHENNAI 600 020
INDIA
Date most recently registered : 18 Sep 2002

You can easily find this information here:

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARS...asp?DeptID=140
Old Aug 19th 2003, 3:29 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jamie Smith

Vipul Mehta, International Connections in Andheri
CanAchieve (not sure of location exactly)
Sunrise, in Andheri
***** (not sure of location exactly)

I think all of these do both NZ and Australia
None of these agents are MARA approved. Prospective immigration hopefuls can save themselves a lot of trouble by avoiding such un-authorised agents.

There are many such agents in India operating from big as well as small cities.

The original poster can get in touch with any of the reputed registered agents in Chennai or in Australia for a prelimnary assessment.

Gordon
Old Aug 20th 2003, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

K S Adityan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Agents in India

Thank you Flash Gordon and SK686. Well, for the record, these are not some fake IDs I am using to post and I haven't paid them either

We do free evaluation of eligibility (for skilled immigration to Australia) Those from India and neighbouring countries who want to check whether they would qualify can submit their details in a form at our website www.consultanz.com
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:00 pm

sk686 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Migration Agents in India

Originally posted by K S Adityan

Thank you Flash Gordon and SK686. Well, for the record, these are not some fake IDs I am using to post and I haven't paid them either

We do free evaluation of eligibility (for skilled immigration to Australia) Those from India and neighbouring countries who want to check whether they would qualify can submit their details in a form at our website www.consultanz.com
The reason for my listing the names of the two MARA registered Migration Agents in India was not necessarily to recommend them, but rather to recommend using MARA registered migration agents instead of using non-MARA registered migration agents.

The reason being, MARA has a Code of Conduct that the MARA registered migration agents have to follow, and therefore their clients can expect better service than a non-MARA registered migration agent, from them. Since non-MARA registered migration agents have no oversight.

Also, if a person has complaints about a MARA registered migration agent, they can lodge their complaint here:

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/Default.asp?DeptID=136

Some member of this forum had a bad experience earlier, when he hired a local agent in India who was not MARA registered, and had nowhere to go, to lodge his complaint.

I have found all the MARA registered migration agents posting on this forum to be very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. That's just an example of the kind of service one can expect from a MARA registered migration agent.

Although it is a matter of personal preference and convenience, some people prefer to hire an agent in their local country. If I were to hire an agent, I would have hired one located in Australia, for DIMIA purposes.

Old Aug 23rd 2003, 12:08 am
Just Joined

nzinfocenter is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear readers,

Thank you.
Unless people originate from a visa-free country, meaning they would be able to come to New Zealand to secure a job offer, it is virtually impossible to immigrate to NZ; the NZ Immigration Service will very likely refuse a visitors visa to those people who wish to come to NZ to look for a job.
I'm really sorry but there is little hope for people from Pakistan, India and a lot of other countries for they would have to secure a job offer without having met a potential NZ employer. The chance for that to happen is nil.

Kindest regards,

Jan
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nzinfocenter
Unless people originate from a visa-free country, meaning they would be able to come to New Zealand to secure a job offer, it is virtually impossible to immigrate to NZ; the NZ Immigration Service will very likely refuse a visitors visa to those people who wish to come to NZ to look for a job.
I'm really sorry but there is little hope for people from Pakistan, India and a lot of other countries for they would have to secure a job offer without having met a potential NZ employer. The chance for that to happen is nil.

Kindest regards,

Jan
Jan, I think you are wrong about this.

NZIS will be addressing the problem of 'job search on a visitors visa' and rules will be relaxed. They even suggest doing this already.

As for securing a job over the phone, I wouldn't say the chances of that are 'nil'. I could list many just from the expats forum who have done this.

So, I'm not saying it's easy, but certainly possible.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Do I need a migration service to lodge my application?

No. We advise however to do so, considering the complexity of the matter. A 98% correct application will be 100% rejected. Many do-it-yourself applications are declined at some NZIS branches because of sometimes minor mistakes.
Jan, just had a look at your info site & saw the above. This really is not true.

I just hope that no one has read this then spent 000's on an agent to fill out their forms.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Default info

Unfortunately I know too many people who's applications have been rejected over the last 12 months and I sure hope that's gonna change.

Jan
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Gra.B
Jan, I think you are wrong about this.

NZIS will be addressing the problem of 'job search on a visitors visa' and rules will be relaxed. They even suggest doing this already.

As for securing a job over the phone, I wouldn't say the chances of that are 'nil'. I could list many just from the expats forum who have done this.

So, I'm not saying it's easy, but certainly possible.
Untill the NZIS has addressed this problem it is extremely hard to get a job offer without a personal job interview. Sure, I know people who got a job offer over the phone but all were from a visa free country.
I would hate to see people spend so much money on an application to see it stranded on this problem.
Let's hope the NZIS does something about this soon.

Jan

Jan
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:09 am
M e M b E r

Default Re: Migration Agents in India

Originally posted by K S Adityan
The purpose of my reply was not to recommend any particular agent but to apprise the original poster of the pitfalls involved in choosing an un-authorised agent.

Any regular poster in this forum knows how to spot a genuine query from a bogus one.

Gordon
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:34 am
M e M b E r

Kindest regards,

Jan
Hi jan,

Refusal of visitor's visa when their is clear evidence of intentions otherwise is good enough reason for any country to deny the application.

I am not at all conversant with immigration process of NZ,but I feel any country should curb the practice of allowing entry of immigrants in guise of visitors.

Let alone NZ, Even in India, if you declare your intentions of seeking a job on a visitors visa,at the immigration counter, you will most likely end up catching the next flight home.

Maybe is it that unless you have a firm job offer from a reputable firm in NZ , your application for immigration won't be considered?

Gordon
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: info

Unfortunately I know too many people who's applications have been rejected over the last 12 months and I sure hope that's gonna change.

Jan
Sorry, but your quote of 98% correct application will be 100% rejected is not true! If you don't meet the criteria you will be rejected of course, but this isn't the same as not filling something out, or forgetting to send something in etc.

The '100%' statement is rubbish & I feel it shouldn't be on your site, just my opinion....'tis up to you though.

I also know people from countries who are not visa free that have gained visitor's visas, so this shouldn't be ruled out either.

Anyway, sorry for side-tracking the original thread, I'll butt out now!

Gra..
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 4:21 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the understanding I get from this is that nzinfocenter people ( ie +Jan) are very unprofessional. What the hell drug is Jan on?!

You don't need an agent to submit a PR application for NZ in NEARLY ALL cases. A 98% correct application will NOT be rejected.

NZIS recommend themselves that professional immigration agency services are almost NEVER necessary.

If you omit a detail or miss out on the documentary evidence NZIS need - they will contact you and ask for clarification/ extra evidence. They will NEVER reject an application if something has been missed out by mistake.

Nzinfocenter are clearly a bunch of idiots and you should not listen to their advice.