Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

HELP! In Ireland & need Oz police check but post reply coupons don't exist!

HELP! In Ireland & need Oz police check but post reply coupons don't exist!

Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

lallyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! In Ireland & need Oz police check but post reply coupons don't exist!

hi there
I am a Brit living in Ireland with ozzie husband and am applying for a spouse visa. I need a police check or 'Certificate of no criminal record' for Australia and went to the post office today to get an 'International Postal Reply Coupon' and they do not exist here!

Does anyone know what I should do as it states that you need a reply coupon for them to send you back your police clearance cert.

Has anyone been in the same boat?
What to do?
thanks
lally
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

debbief444 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HELP! In Ireland & need Oz police check but post reply coupons don't exist!

HELLLPPP
lally
we sent ours off from Ireland last week and didnt include anything like that in the envelope. does this mean they wont post police checks back to us now??
oh bugger!
this aussie visa lark is getting more and more stressful eh?
debs
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! In Ireland & need Oz police check but post reply coupons don't exist!

Originally Posted by lallyp
hi there
I am a Brit living in Ireland with ozzie husband and am applying for a spouse visa. I need a police check or 'Certificate of no criminal record' for Australia and went to the post office today to get an 'International Postal Reply Coupon' and they do not exist here!

Does anyone know what I should do as it states that you need a reply coupon for them to send you back your police clearance cert.

Has anyone been in the same boat?
What to do?
thanks
lally
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Reply_Coupon
http://www.upu.int/irc/en/index.shtml

For some reason the Republic of Ireland postal service does not sell them. But you could perhaps obtain one in Northern Ireland?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi there Debbie

I very nearly did the same. Theres a form which I can't find for the life of me that lists all the countries and how you go about getting your police checks from each of them. Its only mentioned there. I'm pretty sure lots of people do the same thing and you never know they might just be nice and send you your police check!

I contacted the oz embassy in London and they sent me this link saying:

You could contact AFP directly for advice.
http://www.afp.gov.au/business/natio...ce_checks#crim

which i will be doing in a sec.
Hows everything else coming along? I am trying to get a few more than 2 character referances but I'm not sure if there is any point as all the referees will be Irish or English, what did you do for this?

bye for now and good luck
x

Originally Posted by debbief444
HELLLPPP
lally
we sent ours off from Ireland last week and didnt include anything like that in the envelope. does this mean they wont post police checks back to us now??
oh bugger!
this aussie visa lark is getting more and more stressful eh?
debs
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi again Debbie

I have just got an email from the Oz police check department that says
----------
Dear Caroline

Return postage is not required.

Thankyou

SHEREE YARDLEY
HELPDESK CONVERGA
CANBERRA OFFICE
AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE

Tel +61(0) 2 62023333 Fax +61(0) 2 62023377 www.afp.gov.au
--------------

so yours should be ok!

Originally Posted by lallyp
Hi there Debbie

I very nearly did the same. Theres a form which I can't find for the life of me that lists all the countries and how you go about getting your police checks from each of them. Its only mentioned there. I'm pretty sure lots of people do the same thing and you never know they might just be nice and send you your police check!

I contacted the oz embassy in London and they sent me this link saying:

You could contact AFP directly for advice.
http://www.afp.gov.au/business/natio...ce_checks#crim

which i will be doing in a sec.
Hows everything else coming along? I am trying to get a few more than 2 character referances but I'm not sure if there is any point as all the referees will be Irish or English, what did you do for this?

bye for now and good luck
x
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

debbief444 will become famous soon enough

hey lallyp
oh thank goodness for that!! you dont half know to to scare a person!!!
well we have just sent off for our UK, Irl and Aussie police clearances. we have no job offer yet (have to go down the dreaded 457 route due to a TRA giving us 40pt assessment, when we should have got (and needed) 60pts to apply for the 175.
anyway. we just want to have all info collected, and ready to go, should we get a job offer. so we can get out there ASAP!
how are you guys getting on? where are you in ireland,? I cant remember if you said already. we are Malahide, Dublin. where are you planning to go?
good luck with it all
debs
xx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

hey lallyp
well we have just sent off for our UK, Irl and Aussie police clearances. we have no job offer yet (have to go down the dreaded 457 route due to a TRA giving us 40pt assessment, when we should have got (and needed) 60pts to apply for the 175.
anyway. we just want to have all info collected, and ready to go, should we get a job offer. so we can get out there ASAP!
how are you guys getting on? where are you in ireland,? I cant remember if you said already. we are Malahide, Dublin. where are you planning to go?
good luck with it all
debs
xx
hi there
sorry to scare you! It took an extra 2 weeks for me to get the info that the reply coupon wasn't needed so despite the scare at least you had the ball rolling! I had heard that the ozzie one can take over a month? Any info on this? My Irish clearence came through in less than a week by the way!

We are based down in Kenmare, Co. Kerry and live up a mountain. We are planning to live in Mullumbimby or thereabouts up a mountain but a warmer and slightly drier one!

I am in the process of getting all my evidence together which is proving surprisingly tricky! We went paper free for our banking years ago and have had to beg Barclays to send us statement copies from a cross section of the past 4 years! I am also void of invites, social things, postcards and anything handy really as I recycled the whole lot in a mad nesting clear-out a few weeks before our baby was born last year! oops!

Is the TRA/457 trade based or are you married to an ozzie?

Am still stunned by the amout of work this all is! I have to wait till 8pm when babba is in bed to get started and I end up a bit derranged! Tonight I a am writing the story of our lives!

bye for now
x
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

hey lallyp
good luck with it all
debs
xx
hi,

i lived in malahide too...for over an year...pretty little village.....now in melbourne.....so hows the beach there and pubs...i do miss it sometime
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:54 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Very relieved to hear that the reply coupon isn't required, I was tempted to put in a bunch of stamps and hope that did the trick!

Does the Aus police clearance really take a month? Better get my skates on if so!