Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help with ICT qualifications / ACS assessment

Help with ICT qualifications / ACS assessment

Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

noobrex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with ICT qualifications / ACS assessment

1. My friend has completed school education, but due to some constraints he could not go to college but he has completed Senior Secondary Certificate exam, he has 10+ years of work exp. He wants to check if his school education would be considered as diploma ?

2. Also, he wants to check that he is about to complete his Bachelors in ICT this year but all his exp before his bachelors, How much exp would be deducted if he goes for ACS assessment ? with his bachelors and would they award +10 points for completing school education with C++ as a subject.

Last edited by noobrex; Jun 20th 2013 at 8:02 am.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with ICT qualifications / ACS assessment

I've moved this post to its own thread as it wasn't relevant to the other thread
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I've moved this post to its own thread as it wasn't relevant to the other thread
Could you also resolve the above queries please.

An additional question to the above two is -

If someone completes a valid certification after ACS assessment can he/ she claim points for them ?

Would be very grateful if you could revolve the above queries.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Can someone please respond.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 8:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noobrex
Can someone please respond.
noobrex, if you require urgent answers, I would recommend employing a MARA registered agent.

People share experiences and knowledge as and when they can, and everyone does so freely. Your friends situation is not an easy one. If he wishes to apply for RPL, that might be possible but to be honest, it may be best to consult an agent anyway.

If you do not wish to do this, then I would suggest some patience on your part.

OS
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

noobrex, if you require urgent answers, I would recommend employing a MARA registered agent.

People share experiences and knowledge as and when they can, and everyone does so freely. Your friends situation is not an easy one. If he wishes to apply for RPL, that might be possible but to be honest, it may be best to consult an agent anyway.

If you do not wish to do this, then I would suggest some patience on your part.

OS
thanks for replaying and please accept my sincere apologies for being impatient, its just that he is very worried. Anyhow would wait for more senior folks to response.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:04 am

thanks for replaying and please accept my sincere apologies for being impatient, its just that he is very worried. Anyhow would wait for more senior folks to response.
Has he had a look at the ACS website at their assessment criteria?

Edit - found this that may help http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...ly-2012-V1.pdf

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 20th 2013 at 9:07 am.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Has he had a look at the ACS website at their assessment criteria?

Edit - found this that may help http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...ly-2012-V1.pdf
Thanks again for your reply and assistance.

He did check the option of RPL. However then it would look like -

Age - 30
Exp - 5 (considering 8 years would be gone as RPL)
Qualification - 0
State - 5
IELTS - 10

Still dont think he qualifies. Also, can you guide me if he completes his ICT Graduation this year. Will he be able to gain any work exp points or all the points would be gone ?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:30 am

Thanks again for your reply and assistance.

He did check the option of RPL. However then it would look like -

Age - 30
Exp - 5 (considering 8 years would be gone as RPL)
Qualification - 0
State - 5
IELTS - 10

Still dont think he qualifies. Also, can you guide me if he completes his ICT Graduation this year. Will he be able to gain any work exp points or all the points would be gone ?
If he was assessed using RPL, would he not get any points?

Hopefully someone else may have some thoughts, but he may be wise to seek some assistance from a registered agent.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

If he was assessed using RPL, would he not get any points?

Hopefully someone else may have some thoughts, but he may be wise to seek some assistance from a registered agent.
He did check with agents here they said he wont
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone else filed an RPL and got points for the same ? Please suggest.