Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help and guidance in getting to live in australia

Help and guidance in getting to live in australia

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

DUNCAN1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and guidance in getting to live in australia

Hi everyone my names Duncan ive just recently been given this site by a friend of mine who is emmigrating to australia in the New Year,i am desperately trying to move over to Australia myself but the brick wall keeps getting in the way,my uncle from over there has offered his business to my brother and i due to his age and if we cant get there he will be packing it in and retiring,im currently a vocational teacher in bricklaying where i teach youths and adults in a prison environment ive tried extremely hard to get a job from over there but i get replys back saying i have to be a resident so anyone on this site that can help with the progress of emigrating will be really appreciated thankyou so much for your time regards Duncan.Merry xmas to you all and Happy New Year and thanks again.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:56 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help and guidance in getting to live in australia

Hi Duncan,
  1. your in the right place this is a very friendly and informative site.
  2. you need to have a real good scout around the different sections on the site
  3. try this link http://www.immi.gov.au/
  4. and take it from there
  5. O and good luck

Regards Dougie
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:53 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DUNCAN1966
Hi everyone my names Duncan ive just recently been given this site by a friend of mine who is emmigrating to australia in the New Year,i am desperately trying to move over to Australia myself but the brick wall keeps getting in the way,my uncle from over there has offered his business to my brother and i due to his age and if we cant get there he will be packing it in and retiring,im currently a vocational teacher in bricklaying where i teach youths and adults in a prison environment ive tried extremely hard to get a job from over there but i get replys back saying i have to be a resident so anyone on this site that can help with the progress of emigrating will be really appreciated thankyou so much for your time regards Duncan.Merry xmas to you all and Happy New Year and thanks again.
You need a visa, Duncan... or sponsorship.

Could your uncle sponsor you? Look into what you need on the link D and L gave you.

Good luck.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

More help, support and advice here.

Good luck.

Edit: When I said 'here' I actually meant in the Immigration Forum, as opposed to 'here'

Last edited by moneypenny20; Dec 23rd 2008 at 6:59 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Hi Duncan,
  1. your in the right place this is a very friendly and informative site.
  2. you need to have a real good scout around the different sections on the site
  3. try this link http://www.immi.gov.au/
  4. and take it from there
  5. O and good luck

Regards Dougie
Hi Dougie and Louise,
Thankyou so much for the website you have sent me i appreciate every sort of help that people from here and over there can give me.
Thankyou again
Regards
Duncan
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
You need a visa, Duncan... or sponsorship.

Could your uncle sponsor you? Look into what you need on the link D and L gave you.

Good luck.
Hi TiddlyPom,
Thankyou so much for replying,my uncle would do anything he can to get me and my brother out there but we always seem to come against a wall in the way both of us have done points test on the web and got the amount of points required to go on to the next stage but we need to makesure of getting the correct visa then there could be an issue of not having a job even though my uncle is willing to train us up and hand his business to us which would be superb this work would be repairing and replacing air conditioning units inside cars over there.Thanks again speak with you agin.
Regards
Duncan
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypen20
More help, support and advice here.

Good luck.

Edit: When I said 'here' I actually meant in the Immigration Forum, as opposed to 'here'
Hi MoneyPen20,
Thankyou so much for wishing me luck,i hope that luck comes through im trying really hard to get over to oz and start a new life,ive been there before and loved it my uncle has said he will sponsor me but other things keep getting in the way of my new life id even try to get sponsorship through employment if i could so anyone on here that can help would be so much appreciated.
Thankyou again
Duncan
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

fairydust300980 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried speaking to a Migration agent, there are loads on the web. Have a chat with a couple they may see a better route dependant on your situation, then it's always running what youve learnt through the forum for feedback.

It's all worth a go, there are loads of options.

Merry Christmas
Sarah