Help: -Form 80??

Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Seles83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help: -Form 80??

Hi Guys,

I got a assigned a CO on 29 Sept, and one of the documents requested by CO was duly filled form 80.I filled out the form, scanned it and sent it to the CO. This morning I saw a link regarding form 80.

Help me understand this:-

-Was I to submit electronic version of form 80 or scanned paper based?
-Was I meant to fill the form 80 link or it was the CO or his/her assistant, since I had supplied all the required info before.
After filling form 80 the link disappeared from status page!!!

NB: Online application.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help: -Form 80??

Originally Posted by Seles83
Hi Guys,

I got a assigned a CO on 29 Sept, and one of the documents requested by CO was duly filled form 80.I filled out the form, scanned it and sent it to the CO. This morning I saw a link regarding form 80.

Help me understand this:-

-Was I to submit electronic version of form 80 or scanned paper based?
-Was I meant to fill the form 80 link or it was the CO or his/her assistant, since I had supplied all the required info before.
After filling form 80 the link disappeared from status page!!!

NB: Online application.
Sorry, I don't see the problem. The CO asked you to fill in Form 80, you've done that and submitted it. So whats the problem?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry, I don't see the problem. The CO asked you to fill in Form 80, you've done that and submitted it. So whats the problem?
Was i suppose to fill the online version, or paper based one?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice

Was i suppose to fill the online version, or paper based one?
Hi Seles83,

I'm still confused with your question, however here is my experience with Form80:

When I was assigned a CO (I knew this by calling DIAC), a link to the electronic version of Form80 appeared on my status page.

I had a specific problem with filling the electronic form (If interested, the problem was that one of the required fields was the expiry year of my previous passport. The drop down list only included years up to 2009, while the expiry date of my previous passport is few years ahead of 2009).

I called DIAC. I was advised to fill the paper-based version of Form80 instead of providing incorrect information, and they confirmed that by doing so I'm not ignoring the online link.

I filled it and I printed it. I then signed it and I wrote my name in my own language as required. I then scanned it (with low quality to fit with the 1 Mega Bytes requirement) and I uploaded it.

The link on my status page does NOT disappear. Afterwards, I received "request for information" from my CO and Form80 wasn't one of them.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan
Hi Seles83,

I'm still confused with your question, however here is my experience with Form80:

When I was assigned a CO (I knew this by calling DIAC), a link to the electronic version of Form80 appeared on my status page.

I had a specific problem with filling the electronic form (If interested, the problem was that one of the required fields was the expiry year of my previous passport. The drop down list only included years up to 2009, while the expiry date of my previous passport is few years ahead of 2009).

I called DIAC. I was advised to fill the paper-based version of Form80 instead of providing incorrect information, and they confirmed that by doing so I'm not ignoring the online link.

I filled it and I printed it. I then signed it and I wrote my name in my own language as required. I then scanned it (with low quality to fit with the 1 Mega Bytes requirement) and I uploaded it.

The link on my status page does NOT disappear. Afterwards, I received "request for information" from my CO and Form80 wasn't one of them.

Hope this helps.
It helps alot....although my scanned copy size was 2.32mb.

Thanks alot ...i hope you get you visa grant real soon...
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice

It helps alot....although my scanned copy size was 2.32mb.

Thanks alot ...i hope you get you visa grant real soon...
2.32 MBytes! Interesting. And I understand it was accepted by the system?

I'm wondering why DIAC put some rules for "attaching documents" although they seem not to be mandatory?

Another example for that is the names of the files; candidates have to avoid using spaces. Although I, mistakenly, used spaces in my files' names but also I uploaded it with no problems, and DIAC confirmed to me that they received it when I lodged PLE later on asking about it..