Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

help : Finance Manager or Accountant - 175 visa

help : Finance Manager or Accountant - 175 visa

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

alpinev18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help : Finance Manager or Accountant - 175 visa

Hi,

I'm interested to migrate to Australia. My occupation is Finance and Administrative Manager. CPA Australia has verifed me under 'accountant' category one year ago. I understand that for an Accountant to get his visa successfully, he needs to obtain at least band 7 in all components. Frankly speaking, i don't think i can achive band 7 in all components. I am aiming at band 6 or 6.5 only.

Is it possible for CPA AUSTRALIA to verify me as Finance Manager ?

By the way, is Accountant/Finance Manager considers as trade occupation ? If so, are applicants under this category will be subjected to job ready test w.e.f 01/01/2010 ?

Thank you

Last edited by alpinev18; Aug 3rd 2009 at 8:52 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help : Finance Manager or Accountant - 175 visa

Originally Posted by alpinev18
Hi,

I'm interested to migrate to Australia. My occupation is Finance and Administrative Manager. CPA Australia has verifed me under 'accountant' category one year ago. I understand that for an Accountant to get his visa successfully, he needs to obtain at least band 7 in all components. Frankly speaking, i don't think i can achive band 7 in all components. I am aiming at band 6 or 6.5 only.

By the way, is Accountant/Finance Manager considers as trade occupation ? If so, are applicants under this category will be subjected to job ready test w.e.f 01/01/2010 ?

Thank you
You don't need 7 in all bands for Accountant on MODL, you need it to be an Accountant on the CSL and also some (but not all) require the 7's for state sponsorship.

So if you only get 6's and you have the luxury of choice, I think you are better off as Accountant than Finance Manager as at least Accountant is on the MODL.

Finally, of course accountant is not a trade
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Given the current CSL, if you get assessment anything other than Accountant, (i.e Finance Manager etc), it will take ages to process. Now even if you get assessment as Accountant for NSW,VIC,WA you need at least 7 in all components. SA , NT & ACT requires 3 years experience & overall 7 in some instances. So better apply under ASCO for Accountant & target 7. You have no option other than that in current situation.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by charw
Given the current CSL, if you get assessment anything other than Accountant, (i.e Finance Manager etc), it will take ages to process. Now even if you get assessment as Accountant for NSW,VIC,WA you need at least 7 in all components. SA , NT & ACT requires 3 years experience & overall 7 in some instances. So better apply under ASCO for Accountant & target 7. You have no option other than that in current situation.
HI, thanks for your reply. In fact, I am not in that 'hurry' to go to Australia at this moment, I guess it is ok for me to wait. I do hope that I am able to obtain VISA under band 6.5
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You don't need 7 in all bands for Accountant on MODL, you need it to be an Accountant on the CSL and also some (but not all) require the 7's for state sponsorship.

So if you only get 6's and you have the luxury of choice, I think you are better off as Accountant than Finance Manager as at least Accountant is on the MODL.

Finally, of course accountant is not a trade

Hi, Thanks for your input.

I remember i read somewhere in the immi website.It meationed that for those who score band 7 in Ielts, their applications will be processed under CSL. However, if it is between band 6 and band 7, the applications will be processed under normal pace.

I could not find this article in the web now. I wonder if they have abolished this rule ?

How is your application ? any news ?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future

Hi, Thanks for your input.

I remember i read somewhere in the immi website.It meationed that for those who score band 7 in Ielts, their applications will be processed under CSL. However, if it is between band 6 and band 7, the applications will be processed under normal pace.

I could not find this article in the web now. I wonder if they have abolished this rule ?

How is your application ? any news ?
You can still apply under MODL however you will not receive any priority and there is a very slim chance of your application being processed in the current year (2009-2010).
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thank you
if you get assessment as Accountant and hold IELTS 7 in all section you will be in CSL otherwise your case may not be processed in 2009-2010

If you are not comfortable in IELTS 7 ( Then try state sponser - Refer all states websites to seek the priority processing
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
if you get assessment as Accountant and hold IELTS 7 in all section you will be in CSL otherwise your case may not be processed in 2009-2010

If you are not comfortable in IELTS 7 ( Then try state sponser - Refer all states websites to seek the priority processing

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Not to say that I am not comfortable in IELTS 7. I will apply with 6.5 first, and sit for the IELTS exam again to see if i can achieve 7 or not.

Like that you mentioned that state sponser, several states have lifted their standard to 7, eg WA, VIC and NSW. I plan to settle down at WA as i have studied there before.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Not to say that I am not comfortable in IELTS 7. I will apply with 6.5 first, and sit for the IELTS exam again to see if i can achieve 7 or not.

Like that you mentioned that state sponser, several states have lifted their standard to 7, eg WA, VIC and NSW. I plan to settle down at WA as i have studied there before.
You can apply with your current IELTS score and in future if you attain 7 in all modules then you can get in touch with DIAC and request them move your application to CSL list.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi,

Welcome mate. I am also going to WA it will be very nice to hear from you lot about WA

As benny said apply now and later try ss or IELTS 7 to get the priority processing.

And you are right almost all states reaching DIAC same standard for Accountant no option left for us except IELTS 7

All the best.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Exactly!! Going Aussie as an Accountant is becoming only for people with exceptional english!!!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Welcome mate. I am also going to WA it will be very nice to hear from you lot about WA

As benny said apply now and later try ss or IELTS 7 to get the priority processing.

And you are right almost all states reaching DIAC same standard for Accountant no option left for us except IELTS 7

All the best.
Thanks dude.

Hope I am eligible to see you soon in Perth.

Below is some of my info. I would appreciate if someone can give me his opinions whether i am eligible to apply 175 Visa or not :

Nominated skilled occupation : Finance & Admin Manager [Accountant, certifited by CPA Australia] [60 pts]
Studied and Graduted from U.W.A, for about 2.5 years. [5 pts]
Job in demand : [15 pts]
English Language : band 6 [15 pts]
Specific work experience : I've been working as an accountant for more than 4 years and subsequently promoted as F&A Manager. I have had the testimonials from my employers as proof. [10 pts]
Partner skills : work as chartered company secretary [5 pts]

Total 130 pts, of course, i must have good health and characters.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks dude.

Hope I am eligible to see you soon in Perth.

Below is some of my info. I would appreciate if someone can give me his opinions whether i am eligible to apply 175 Visa or not :

Nominated skilled occupation : Finance & Admin Manager [Accountant, certifited by CPA Australia] [60 pts]
Studied and Graduted from U.W.A, for about 2.5 years. [5 pts]
Job in demand : [15 pts]
English Language : band 6 [15 pts]
Specific work experience : I've been working as an accountant for more than 4 years and subsequently promoted as F&A Manager. I have had the testimonials from my employers as proof. [10 pts]
Partner skills : work as chartered company secretary [5 pts]

Total 130 pts, of course, i must have good health and characters.
More than Enough >120

*even if you leave partner skill (since its required assessment and IELTS for her too)